Vdub GOLF MK3 oil pump problems

Old May 10th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Vdub GOLF MK3 oil pump problems

I have a 95 Golf MK3 4dr, and my oil pressure light comes on after the car has reached operating temp, and has been driven a distance. But if I press the clutch in, speed up, or downshift it stops. I am confused, I dont want to rip it apart to check the pump, if it is something simple like a sensor, or a belt slipping. I do my own repairs as often as I can if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

--
ReDevil

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-413260.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Old May 10th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

VW uses two oil sensors. One by the filter and a second on the cylinder
head. The one on the cylinder head is for low pressure over a certain RPM
range and kind of like a warning. The one by the filter is a all the time
panic situation. The one on the head is giving you the warning.

Could be as simple as a sensor that's too sensitive on the cylinder head
or oil that's too thin. But these people have good prices on pumps and they
are easy to change.
http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volks...f/Engine/151/4

JoBo

Old May 14th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

In article >,
ReDevil > wrote:

>I have a 95 Golf MK3 4dr, and my oil pressure light comes on after the car has reached operating temp, and has been driven a distance. But if I press the clutch in, speed up, or downshift it stops. I am confused, I dont want to rip it apart to check the pump, if it is something simple like a sensor, or a belt slipping. I do my own repairs as often as I can if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
>

>--
>ReDevil

If you are not using 15W50, then that is the problem. Your year VW does not
need the thin oils that are currently out there. You can use 10W40 in the
winter time if you are locakted up north. The 15W50 should fix your problem.
It's the oil pressure sensor at ~2700 RPMS giving you the fault with thin
oil.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...