2006 CR-V: Power Supply and Glove Box

Old October 6th 06, 07:20 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 2006 CR-V: Power Supply and Glove Box

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can give me some practical advice before I take my
car to the dealership...

I just got a new 2006 CR-V. There are two annoying problems.

1) The front power supply doesn't work (the thing you plug a cell phone
charger into). I've looked for any bad fuses, but they all seem to be
intact.

2) The light in the glove box is always on. So, at night, I can see
the light glowing at the edges of the box.

These problems existed right from the start, but I've waited to take
the car to the dealership--I didn't feel like heading back to see the
"nice people" there. Since then, I installed a Sirius radio directly
to the stereo and power supply. Now, I learn that because I've taken
the stereo out, that the warranty "might not cover" the problems.

Any practical advice on how to fix these nuisances without involving
the
dealership is appreciated.

Old October 6th 06, 08:27 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

I actually hadn't noticed that my '06 CR-V had a glove box light until I
went out and looked just now...

If you look above and to the right of the latch in the glove box hole in the
dash, you will find a button that should turn off the light when you press
it. If it doesn't, then the wire to it might not be fully connected or the
switch might just be bad. If the button works, then check that it is
positioned so that the glove box actually pushes it when you close it.

Are you aware that the front accessory outlet is switched? It is only
powered when the ignition key is turned to accessory or "on" (a little piece
of Honda weirdness that has irritated me with every Honda I have owned). If
it actually is dead and you want to chase it down yourself, it is powered
through fuse 15 in the under dash fuse box which is to the right of the
steering column between the steering column and the center console. It is
grounded through 2 separate connections - one at the left corner of the
dash, which is also used by all the dash lights and instruments, and the
other, which the glove box light also uses, is in the center of the dash
just below the AC ducts & behind the coin box/CD drawer.

Unless you cut wires or somehow damaged the circuits when installing your
Sirius radio, there should be no warranty issue. The dealer has to be able
to prove that something you did damaged these circuits to disallow the
warranty. Neither of these two circuits have anything to do with the radio
(per the wiring diagrams in the FSM).

If you do end up needing to take it in, just to be on the safe side, take
the Sirius out before you let the dealer look at the other problems and
don't tell them about it.

On 10/6/06 1:20 PM, in article
, "

Old October 9th 06, 05:03 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Thank you! With your help I actually solved both problems without
involving the dealership. It turns out I had been checking the wrong
fuse; I misinterpretted the diagram in the manual. Fuse 15 was
labelled something like ACC and I didn't realize it was the front power
supply.

Also, I jiggled the switch for the light, and got the physical setting
adjusted so that the light switches off.

Problems solved. Thanks!!