What parts do I need to change theTiming Belt on my '98 (4 cyl) Odyssey?

Old October 7th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Elle

Default What parts do I need to change theTiming Belt on my '98 (4 cyl) Odyssey?

"Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote
E wrote
>> OEM Honda parts on the net:
>> www.slhondaparts.com (California)
>> www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (Rhode Island)
>> www.cheapesthondaparts.com (Colorado; monitor shipping
>> closely)

> Elle,
>
> I just went there to see if I can get the plastic
> windshield trim (fake
> chrome) and it seems to not be on the list. I need three
> sets of this
> stuff front and rear. The only thing that I could save
> was the
> stainless corner clips. Kin youse take a looksee???..

Did you get to the following site (which is for the KAHMT
version of your 83 FE), and is the "molding" listed there
what you're seeking?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...LD-REAR+WINDOW

For the 82 (3 door FE 1300 4-speed manual):
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...LD-REAR+WINDOW

I think Majestic's site (= hondaautomotiveparts.com) is a
little easier to use when first checking for parts.

Old October 8th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Elle wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote
> E wrote
> >> OEM Honda parts on the net:
> >> www.slhondaparts.com (California)
> >> www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (Rhode Island)
> >> www.cheapesthondaparts.com (Colorado; monitor shipping
> >> closely)

> > Elle,
> >
> > I just went there to see if I can get the plastic
> > windshield trim (fake
> > chrome) and it seems to not be on the list. I need three
> > sets of this
> > stuff front and rear. The only thing that I could save
> > was the
> > stainless corner clips. Kin youse take a looksee???..

> Did you get to the following site (which is for the KAHMT
> version of your 83 FE), and is the "molding" listed there
> what you're seeking?
>
> http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...LD-REAR+WINDOW
>
> For the 82 (3 door FE 1300 4-speed manual):
> http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...LD-REAR+WINDOW
>
> I think Majestic's site (= hondaautomotiveparts.com) is a
> little easier to use when first checking for parts.

I dunno as I think all the Honda (dealer) parts scheme was created in
logical hell and I'm being punished for something I allegedly did (but
really didn't). I guess the fact that Japanese read right to left and
the back cover is really the front cover contributes to the confooshion...

Thanks,

JT

Timing belt followup. B.B. Technology 6 April 2nd 06 06:39 AM
Toyota Tacoma timing belt change? [email protected] Technology 2 April 25th 05 09:45 PM
2001 change timing belt or not? Buying a Used Audi Audi 16 December 27th 04 05:02 PM
Timing Belt Change Simon Audi 10 August 26th 04 04:52 AM