My wrangler 2001 won't start

Old September 5th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
JulieR2007

Default My wrangler 2001 won't start

It has been sitting for a couple years. have been doing a lot of work on it,
got the cylinders lubed real good, eventually started. liftershad
collapsedbut that worked out and it ran smooth and strong for a good half an
hour. the check guage light came on and then it shut off. turns over and
cranks, sounds like it wants to, but wont start. the motor was extremely hot,
though the temp guage only said 220. there was so much heat the grill was
hot. does it have a safety where one of the temp switches will signal the
computer to keep it from starting when it is too hot?

Old September 5th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
afx

On Sep 4, 8:32*pm, "JulieR2007" <u45980@uwe> wrote:
> It has been sitting for a couple years. have been doing a lot of work on it,
> got the cylinders lubed real good, eventually started. *liftershad
> collapsedbut that worked out and it ran smooth and strong for a good half an
> hour. *the check guage light came on and then it shut off. *turns over and
> cranks, sounds like it wants to, but wont start. *the motor was extremely hot,
> though the temp guage only said 220. *there was so much heat the grill was
> hot. does it have a safety where one of the temp switches will signal the
> computer to keep it from starting when it is too hot?

I know my concorde will shut off when its too hot, best way to tell if
its doing this is if it starts when it cools down.

Maybe you got a clog in your oil pump and it wasnt pumping enough oil.

99 wrangler hard start magicman Jeep 22 December 26th 06 05:20 AM
Help Please - 89 Jeep Wrangler still doesn't start... [email protected] Jeep 2 September 18th 06 10:14 PM
'89 Jeep Wrangler won't start [email protected] Jeep 3 May 31st 06 03:59 AM
1997 WRANGLER SE WON'T START [email protected] Jeep 11 October 18th 05 01:17 PM
Wrangler start up problem 69strat Jeep 2 December 24th 04 08:07 PM