Any Houstonians who can recommend a good AC Hose repair shop?

Old September 4th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
afx

Default Any Houstonians who can recommend a good AC Hose repair shop?

Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part
of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?

98 concorde 3.2l
Old September 4th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

AFX wrote:
> Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part
> of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?
>

> 98 concorde 3.2l

Sure - buy it from the dealer. Or junk yard.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 4th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Bill Putney wrote:
> AFX wrote:
>> Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part
>> of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?
>>

>> 98 concorde 3.2l

> Sure - buy it from the dealer. Or junk yard.

I'd have to check, but I believe that hose from any year 2nd gen. LH car
with 3.2 or 3.5 engine would be the same. Obviously, if that's the
case, if you go with a junk yard hose, the newer the better.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 4th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

AFX wrote:
> Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part
> of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?
>

> 98 concorde 3.2l

Drive it up to Austin Rebuilders.... in Austin. ;-)

There's GOTTA be a similar place in Houstopolis, though.
Old September 4th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
afx

On Sep 4, 8:51*am, Steve > wrote:
> AFX wrote:
> > Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part
> > of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?

> > 98 concorde 3.2l

> Drive it up to Austin Rebuilders.... in Austin. ;-)
>
> There's GOTTA be a similar place in Houstopolis, though.

Aparently not, I must have called 15+ places.
Old September 5th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

AFX wrote:
> On Sep 4, 8:51 am, Steve > wrote:
>> AFX wrote:
>>> Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part
>>> of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?
>>> 98 concorde 3.2l

>> Drive it up to Austin Rebuilders.... in Austin. ;-)
>>
>> There's GOTTA be a similar place in Houstopolis, though.

> Aparently not, I must have called 15+ places.

It seems a lot of service type businesses like that are disappearing
with replacement mass produced parts being almost as cheap as having OEM
parts repaired/reconditioned. Case in point: 25 or 30 years ago, every
town had at least one full service radiator shop. Now, for typically
around $100, you get a brand new life-time guaranteed replacement
radiator for probably what it would cost to rod out a radiator, and then
you end up with a used rodded out radiator that has reduced cooling
capacity and of unknown remaining life (before it sprouts a leak).

I think it all boils down to the overhead burdens for small repair
businesses in this country can't compete with near slave-labor rate
manufacturing overseas.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 5th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
afx

On Sep 4, 6:29*pm, Bill Putney > wrote:
> AFX wrote:
> >> Drive it up to Austin Rebuilders.... in Austin. ;-)

> >> There's GOTTA be a similar place in Houstopolis, though.

> > Aparently not, I must have called 15+ places.

> It seems a lot of service type businesses like that are disappearing
> with replacement mass produced parts being almost as cheap as having OEM
> parts repaired/reconditioned. *Case in point: 25 or 30 years ago, every
> town had at least one full service radiator shop. *Now, for typically
> around $100, you get a brand new life-time guaranteed replacement
> radiator for probably what it would cost to rod out a radiator, and then
> you end up with a used rodded out radiator that has reduced cooling
> capacity and of unknown remaining life (before it sprouts a leak).
>
> I think it all boils down to the overhead burdens for small repair
> businesses in this country can't compete with near slave-labor rate
> manufacturing overseas.
>
> --
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> address with the letter 'x')

Yeah, I found 1 place to do it for 55$ across town, I just bought a
new part for $63 at oreilys.

Old September 8th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

AFX wrote:

> Yeah, I found 1 place to do it for 55$ across town, I just bought a
> new part for $63 at oreilys.

Betcha could have shipped it to Austin Rebuilders and back for less than
that WITH the repair. The last hose I had them fix for me was about $18
out the door.