Pictures for you web wheelers.

Old February 25th 05, 03:12 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Might tell me about the Aurora, out of Groom Lake.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 25th 05, 03:40 AM
Lon

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

> Might tell me about the Aurora, out of Groom Lake.

little gray travelling doctors.
Old February 25th 05, 03:46 AM
Lon

Kevin in San Diego proclaimed:

> You forgot the SR-71 I got to see that plane in person several times and
> work with the crew chief on one at Castle AFB in the 90s before they shut
> that program down.
> KH

Coolest two ordinary craft I was ever lucky enough to see airborne
were the B-70 and the first semi-public showing of the MickeyDee
F15. The other stuff was more impressive, lotsa "happy 4th of July"
moments at White Sands and affiliated launch sites--and several
rather strange ones of truly oddball technology guaranteed to cause
saucer reports.
Old February 25th 05, 04:00 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.area51zone.com/aircraft/aurora8.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 26th 05, 03:45 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

I remember doing a book report and building a paper-and-cardboard model of
the B-70 in 4th grade, circa 1979...there was a book on it in the school
library. Of course by the time I got to it the B70 program was no longer
around.

Never saw an SR-71 in flight but I did see the one (amongst a lot of other
really neat stuff) at the American Air Museum at Duxford, UK a couple years
ago. The final flight crew had signed all their names on the inside of the
forward landing gear door.

http://aam.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1105

Old February 26th 05, 03:58 AM
griffin

Can you provide me reference to this ...I've heard otherwise from a number
of sources. I've heard that Eisenhower was aware of and supported the
creation of the U2 as early as 1954.

Old February 26th 05, 04:13 AM
Lon

Like pretty much everything non-Jeep, the only evidence he could
provide would be written on a small roll of soft paper that has
convenient perforations allowing it to be separated into sheets
as needed.

Now granted the CIA may not be the best source of information, but
their declassified U2 project report notes that Eisenhower was
aware of the flights from the beginning [1956] but was against
them due to the risks involved.

A similar claim was made by Harry Stine, who would be suspected
of knowing...

griffin proclaimed:

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 26th 05, 04:15 AM
Lon

Matt Macchiarolo proclaimed:

> I remember doing a book report and building a paper-and-cardboard model of
> the B-70 in 4th grade, circa 1979...there was a book on it in the school
> library. Of course by the time I got to it the B70 program was no longer
> around.

When I was at Wright Patt, there was a B70 parked outside at the Air
Force museum, worth seeing even parked. In flight it looked like a
Concorde on steroids and crank.

Old February 26th 05, 04:35 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I remember Eisenhower going on television and saying it was not
ours.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 26th 05, 04:58 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Much later Eisenhower apologized to the Americans:
http://encarta.msn.com/media_4615473...Deception.html

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

> I remember Eisenhower going on television and saying it was not
> ours.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

Taking pictures of a cylinder without removing the head? Dennis Technology 3 February 6th 05 01:30 PM
Essen Motorshow 2004 - pictures Bert Kanters Alfa Romeo 3 December 1st 04 03:32 PM
Alfa GT Pictures PhilipS Alfa Romeo 6 August 13th 04 09:30 AM
Old Car Pictures Jack Ferman Antique cars 5 November 19th 03 08:38 AM