engine computer codes on 95 Audi?

Old October 19th 04, 06:48 AM
Frank

Default engine computer codes on 95 Audi?

Does a 1995 Audi Quartro have on board diagnostics and how do you check to
see if your Audi has any stored engine codes when it starts to run bad?

Old October 19th 04, 11:55 PM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Are you talking about using a VW/Audi specific diagnostic tool like the
Vag-Com?
It will scan some Audis, read here at their 1995-2001 Audi A4/ 2000-2003
Audi S4 (B5/8D) Information Page
http://ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html

Since your 95 should be OBDI, most generic scanners will NOT work. :-(
You might be able to display any DTCs by accessing them through blinking
lights (blink codes method)
http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Engine/vwfault.html

later,
dave

. com...

Old October 20th 04, 12:41 AM
Frank

Dave,
Thanks for your reply. The links you provided had the information that I
was looking for. The second link with the information about the "check
engine" light is just what I was looking for.
Thanks for your help,
Frank

"dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote in message
om...
> Are you talking about using a VW/Audi specific diagnostic tool like the
> Vag-Com?
> It will scan some Audis, read here at their 1995-2001 Audi A4/ 2000-2003
> Audi S4 (B5/8D) Information Page
> http://ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html
>
> Since your 95 should be OBDI, most generic scanners will NOT work. :-(
> You might be able to display any DTCs by accessing them through blinking
> lights (blink codes method)
> http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Engine/vwfault.html
>
> later,
> dave

protect your car's engine Waltervw Alfa Romeo 0 November 23rd 04 03:00 PM
1987 Audi 5000 Timing Belt Marti Audi 24 October 16th 04 06:17 AM
audi cd for pc news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 1 October 7th 04 09:51 PM
Engine code on audi 80 audi80s Audi 1 September 27th 04 09:36 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM