Ready for winter

Old November 2nd 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Ready for winter

Took the time to get the Corvette ready for winter. Oil and filter,
lube (yes, it has grease zerks), air filter, checked anti freeze pH,
and freezing point, washed it with Dawn, washed the inside-windows in
and out, put on the rain tires and retrained the sensors. Need to add
some additive to the rearend, getting some chatter in reverse while
turning. Then I'll be ready to head to SC to see my son for
Thanksgiving.

Damn, I love to drive this car...............
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 3rd 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Yep, ain't life grand!

Old November 3rd 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:54:23 -0500, Bob I > wrote:

>Yep, ain't life grand!

=================
As a matter of fact life sucks... !
Got a call Yesderday that my sister in law died... (Brother passed
away in 2002) ... Heading out this morning ...Earlier this morning
my neighbor died...!

Nothing good ...my neighbor had a 34 ford street rod 98 percent
finished ...more then 100K invested in it... sold his vette a couple
of years ago to get the money to finish this car... what a life !

My brother still has 3 Corvettes in his garage... his C5 Convertible
was listed in his will to be given to me... I never had the guts to
even ask his wife when she would be ready to get rid of his cars...
(or other toys) .. SO I guess I will get the C5 in the very near
future.

BUT DAMN I can not say I'm at all happy at the moment... this "He who
dies with the most toys BULL **** just does not cut it ... Drive em
while you can Boys & Girls...

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Convertibles
76 & 79 Coupes

Old November 3rd 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:54:23 -0500, Bob I >
> wrote:
>
>>Yep, ain't life grand!

Snipped lifes certainties

> BUT DAMN I can not say I'm at all happy at the moment... this "He
> who
> dies with the most toys BULL **** just does not cut it ... Drive
> em
> while you can Boys & Girls...
>
> Bob G.
> 64 72 & 98 Convertibles
> 76 & 79 Coupes

Got to agree, seems to me I'm loosing a friend/relative every few
weeks. That's why I don't put the damn thing away for the winter. Why
in God's name would I buy a car, hide it, take the depreciation, clean
it, and keep all the miles off it so some unknown person can drive the
hell out of it when I'm gone? That's my job man!!

The one that dies with and used the most toys has already won, God
rest their souls. In place of a moment of silence, crank'im up!!

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51 - 130 yesterday, corn is off & can now see

Old November 3rd 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:54:23 -0500, Bob I > wrote:
>>
>>>Yep, ain't life grand!

> Snipped lifes certainties
>>
>> BUT DAMN I can not say I'm at all happy at the moment... this "He who
>> dies with the most toys BULL **** just does not cut it ... Drive em
>> while you can Boys & Girls...
>>
>> Bob G.
>> 64 72 & 98 Convertibles
>> 76 & 79 Coupes
>>

> Got to agree, seems to me I'm

At a recent car show, I spoke to a few of the Corvette owners who were
displaying their cars -- mostly C4s and 5s. None of them drove their cars
much at all -- except to car shows and the occasional Sunday drive. They
all expressed frustration in getting any reliable service from the local
Chevy dealers. By contrast, I spoke to a young man who had an 2005 Honda S
2000 which he drove in autocrosses and as a daily driver -- with 90k
trouble-free miles on it. When I had my Corvettes back 37 + years ago, I
drove them every day -- hard. They were'nt exactly trouble-free, but I
could fix em myself for the most part. If have one -- you ought to drive
it. Life is too short.

Old November 3rd 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

tww1491 wrote:
> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .

>> Snipped lifes certainties
>>> BUT DAMN I can not say I'm at all happy at the moment... this "He who
>>> dies with the most toys BULL **** just does not cut it ... Drive em
>>> while you can Boys & Girls...
>>>
>>> Bob G.
>>> 64 72 & 98 Convertibles
>>> 76 & 79 Coupes
>>>

>> Got to agree, seems to me I'm

> At a recent car show, I spoke to a few of the Corvette owners who were
> displaying their cars -- mostly C4s and 5s. None of them drove their cars
> much at all -- except to car shows and the occasional Sunday drive. They
> all expressed frustration in getting any reliable service from the local
> Chevy dealers. By contrast, I spoke to a young man who had an 2005 Honda S
> 2000 which he drove in autocrosses and as a daily driver -- with 90k
> trouble-free miles on it. When I had my Corvettes back 37 + years ago, I
> drove them every day -- hard. They were'nt exactly trouble-free, but I
> could fix em myself for the most part. If have one -- you ought to drive
> it. Life is too short.

Humm, he had to buy that as soon as the 2005s were introduced and then
average 30 thousand a year. Seems a bit of a reach. As for the Chevy
dealers, you get good ones and bad ones. There are some I trust to work
on mine, and others I trust will screw it up. But drive 'em thats what
they were designed for. And as far as he who dies with the most toys,
well he's still dead. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Old November 3rd 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PDDeen

On Nov 3, 8:25 am, "Dad" > wrote:
> "Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> ... > On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:54:23 -0500, Bob I >
> > wrote:

> >>Yep, ain't life grand!

> Snipped lifes certainties
>
> > BUT DAMN I can not say I'm at all happy at the moment... this "He
> > who
> > dies with the most toys BULL **** just does not cut it ... Drive
> > em
> > while you can Boys & Girls...

> > Bob G.
> > 64 72 & 98 Convertibles
> > 76 & 79 Coupes

> Got to agree, seems to me I'm loosing a friend/relative every few
> weeks. That's why I don't put the damn thing away for the winter. Why
> in God's name would I buy a car, hide it, take the depreciation, clean
> it, and keep all the miles off it so some unknown person can drive the
> hell out of it when I'm gone? That's my job man!!
>
> The one that dies with and used the most toys has already won, God
> rest their souls. In place of a moment of silence, crank'im up!!
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51 - 130 yesterday, corn is off & can now see
> the deer
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd - Still without brakes, time for that this
> winter
> 64 Red/red/white top/4spd - Three town trip Thursday

My '63 had over 260,000 miles on it when I sold it. Used and put up
wet many times but always maintained. Guy who bought it drove it
straight through from Dallas to Seattle in two days and said it
performed perfectly. Burned a lot of gas though.

PDDeen

Old November 4th 07, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JimH[_2_]

Dad wrote:
> Took the time to get the Corvette ready for winter. Oil and filter, lube
> (yes, it has grease zerks), air filter, checked anti freeze pH, and
> freezing point, washed it with Dawn, washed the inside-windows in and
> out, put on the rain tires and retrained the sensors. Need to add some
> additive to the rearend, getting some chatter in reverse while turning.
> Then I'll be ready to head to SC to see my son for Thanksgiving.
>
> Damn, I love to drive this car...............

I think I may get mine ready for winter later this week. My list is
shorter...

- Wash it
- Polish it
- Pack away the painted roof
- Install the tinted roof
- Take it for a drive

I love to drive my 40th, and I love Arizona winters.
Old November 4th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

news

Old November 4th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"JimH" > wrote in message
news
> Dad wrote:
>> Took the time to get the Corvette ready for winter. Oil and filter, lube
>> (yes, it has grease zerks), air filter, checked anti freeze pH, and
>> freezing point, washed it with Dawn, washed the inside-windows in and
>> out, put on the rain tires and retrained the sensors. Need to add some
>> additive to the rearend, getting some chatter in reverse while turning.
>> Then I'll be ready to head to SC to see my son for Thanksgiving.
>>
>> Damn, I love to drive this car...............

> I think I may get mine ready for winter later this week. My list is
> shorter...
>
> - Wash it
> - Polish it
> - Pack away the painted roof
> - Install the tinted roof
> - Take it for a drive
>
> I love to drive my 40th, and I love Arizona winters.

I put the body-color roof on in the winter and the tinted one in the summer.
I made the switch today. Of course, your winters are a whole lot nicer.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops, obviously)

MP3 ready ? Remove This Mazda 4 July 10th 06 02:15 PM
Ready To Buy Another John McGaw Mazda 16 March 24th 06 01:45 PM
Ready for 55 again? fbloogyudsr Driving 82 April 4th 05 06:56 PM
getting ready to do it Nathan W. Collier Jeep 9 January 29th 05 05:32 AM
01 wolfsburg cd ready? gregory bealla VW water cooled 6 December 31st 04 06:08 PM