2006 Accord Rear Ended & damage

Old April 19th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 Accord Rear Ended & damage

This weekend our new 4 door 2006 V6 accord was rear ended at a red
light. The other vehicle substained a great deal of damage as compared

to our accord. Our rear bumber is slightly damged and the rear quarter

panels behind the rear windows, on both sides of the car, have ~3 inch

long small dimples/crinkles. It appears that the rear quater panel was

at the beganning stage of crumpling. Not realy noticable but they are

present. All the clearances around the doors and rear trunk are fine.
We drove away from the accident while the other vehicle was towed.
The left muffler appears bent out of place by ~1" from the orginally
location. I examed the underside and could not locate any rear damage.

No vibration noticed as we finished out our trip of another 300 miles
at high and low speeds. I will be taking the vehicle to the shop this
week to get an estimate. Any suggestions on what damages that may have

occurred? What I should insure that the shop checks? Thanks

Old April 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Being that the quarter panels have started to crinkle thare has got to be
damage to the chassis of the car. Make sure you use a reputable body shop
and make sure they use only genuine Honda parts. You deserve it such a new
car, make sure the insurance company follows through. If they argue , tell
them your back has started hurting. Sorry your new car got damaged, I know
from experience how much it hurts.
Scott