Tire Query

Old March 5th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Tire Query

Michelin truck mud&snow LTX series. I replaced the original Goodyears when
they wore out at 20K miles based on the Jeep dealer recommendation. The
Michelins lasted for 95K miles. And I drove semi-annually from Dallas to
Sacramento on over 100 degree days then through the snow in the Sierra
Nevada. Also took the Jeep to "the highest highway in America" at the
Rocky Mountains National Park, and the lowest at the Saltan Sea. They were
rated for 80K miles and I replaced them at 95K, last month, with tread still
on them, but it's winter in the Sierra Nevada and we live at the
four-thousand-foot level, using 4WD most of the time, so I did it just to be
safe- could have probably gotten another 5-10K. Not only the best tires
I've experienced, the best I've ever heard of. My 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
now has 125K miles, without a single tire problem. I do inflate to 40psi
though, which gets better mileage.

Old March 6th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I use the Michelin X Radial LT on my TJ and like it a lot. Mainly a road
tire (LT = light truck), I have found it to be a big improvement over the
sucky Goodyear Wranglers that it came with. I got mine at BJ's (Costco type
store here). Works good in the snow and very good in the rain. Made the TJ
handle so much better under normal conditions on roads. Does what I want in
my not very demanding off road stuff (never felt tire-limited).

Ad Mike notes, the trade-off for going wider will be riding on top of snow
instead of cutting through to the pavement.
Tomes

Old March 6th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Anyone running the BFG Rugged Trail AT's? I am also looking at
replacing my tires.

Kevin in Iowa
99XJ

Tire Query Mike Romain Jeep 0 March 5th 06 07:51 PM
Tire Query Carl Jeep 0 March 5th 06 07:37 PM
Tire Query Imminent Vengeance Honda 3 March 4th 05 04:22 PM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM
Proper tire pressure for Firestone Indy 500 FireHawk - 74 Vette - Can anyone read? Tom in Missouri Corvette 0 August 10th 04 05:30 PM