New Pacifica version

Old November 30th 04, 08:09 PM
KokomoKid

"Steve" > wrote in message
news
> KokomoKid wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message

And

> > But

breaks

on

Yeah,

was

> > the

> >>what diesels do you know, that aren't interference engines,
> >>and/or don't have timing belts?
> >>
> >>(or were timing chains ok in your book?)
> >>
> >>just curious.
> >>

> > All diesels are interference. There is no way around it, given the

20+/1
> > compression ratio. There are only two brands of diesel cars sold in the
> > U.S., VW and MB.

> MB doesn't sell a diesel in the US any more. And REAL diesels don't have
> glow-plugs or pre-chambers, and their camshafts are turned by GEARS, not
> by chains OR belts.

MB DOES INDEED sell a diesel in the U.S. It's called E320CDI.

Old November 30th 04, 09:07 PM
Mike Behnke

KokomoKid wrote:

> MB DOES INDEED sell a diesel in the U.S. It's called E320CDI.

Not if you live in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York or
Vermont. Won't meet emissions.
Old November 30th 04, 09:07 PM
Mike Behnke

Old December 1st 04, 03:59 PM
Art

"Steve" > wrote in message
news
> Arthur wrote:
>
>> That's progressive. Install a bigger fuel guzzler. Obviously, these
>> Germans don't take hints from each other. Porsche is making a deal to
>> use Toyota hybrid engine technology on their SUV's. Go figure.
>> Arthur

> Some people shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard.
>
> Did it ever occur to you that a bigger displacement, LOWER peak horsepower
> but HIGHER peak torque engine might just yield BETTER fuel efficiency in a
> heavy vehicle than a high-revving quad-valve overhead-cam engine that
> spends 99.999% way off its optimum operating parameters does?

Unfortunately EPA figures aren't available yet at Chrysler's site but I was
thinking that at least there would be a low end torque improvement.

Old December 1st 04, 03:59 PM
Art

news

Old December 3rd 04, 12:49 AM
Jim Garrett

Test

"Art" > wrote in message
news
> They are coming out with a 5 seater using the 3.8 engine instead of the

3.5.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:49 AM
Jim Garrett

Test

Old December 3rd 04, 01:44 PM
Richard

"Mike Behnke" > wrote in message
> KokomoKid wrote:
>

>> MB DOES INDEED sell a diesel in the U.S. It's called E320CDI.
>>

> Not if you live in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York or Vermont.
> Won't meet emissions.

It will be sold in California emission states once more expensive low Sulfur
No. 2 Diesel fuel is mandated in a few years. But then, running a Diesel
vehicle will likely be more expensive than running a regular gas fueled
vehicle with its better performance and cold weather startability. It is
predicted that low Sulfur processing will add 7 cents per gal.

Richard.

Richard.

Old December 3rd 04, 01:44 PM
Richard

'05 Pacifica DVD Monitor A Dodge 2 November 23rd 04 10:38 PM
85 5000 turbo diesel canadian version question jack Audi 1 May 21st 04 01:58 PM