Dana 20

Old January 19th 05, 01:59 AM
Willy Schneider

Default Dana 20

My 1962 Willys PU has the most mickey mouse homemade transfer case
shift linkage (previous owner thought he was a designer) that doesn't
work as well as I expect it to work - takes several tries to shift
into the mode I need at any given moment.

Does anyone have, or know of, an old Dana 20 transfer case I could buy
or trade for?

ThanQ in advance for any leads...

Willy
'Just because Chrysler calls it a Jeep, don't make it so...!'
- Willy Schneider / 1962
Old January 19th 05, 03:24 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Willy,
I think the '62 should have come with a Dana 18, twin stick. I
would fix Dana 20 by going back to the stock one lever pull linkage,
from a wrecking yard, or buy an after market twin stick conversion:
http://home.alltel.net/ezduzit/twin20.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 19th 05, 04:11 AM
Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my address)

Willy Schneider wrote:
> My 1962 Willys PU has the most mickey mouse homemade transfer case
> shift linkage (previous owner thought he was a designer) that doesn't
> work as well as I expect it to work - takes several tries to shift
> into the mode I need at any given moment.
>
> Does anyone have, or know of, an old Dana 20 transfer case I could buy
> or trade for?
>
> ThanQ in advance for any leads...
>
> Willy
> 'Just because Chrysler calls it a Jeep, don't make it so...!'
> - Willy Schneider / 1962

I have one in SE Wisconsin. Where are you?

Cheers,
- Jeff G

Old January 19th 05, 04:31 AM
Willy Schneider

In mid-1962, Willys evidently started offering the 6cyl Tornado (OHC
230ci) engine with a Dana 20 transfer case. This is what I have. In
'63 (or 64), this was the stock setup.

I, too, thought it would be fairly easy to find parts, but I have
looked all over here (an Island near Seattle with lots of jeep owners)
and so far, have not found one.

My next search, besides Ebay, will be in the vast metropolitan area
that is Seattle (God, I hate going to the city!)

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Willy

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:24:21 -0800, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 19th 05, 04:32 AM
Willy Schneider

Near Seattle...

Old January 19th 05, 04:46 AM
Paul Calman

Try the American Jeepster Club, they all used 20s and there are a few
members up your way

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old January 19th 05, 04:53 AM
Willy Schneider

Thank you! I had not even heard of that group...

Willy

Old January 19th 05, 05:00 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Most of the Wannabees of this group believe the Over Head Cam is a
new idea: http://my.execpc.com/~rstewart/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/