93 ZJ AC trouble codes

Old October 25th 05, 09:21 PM
Snow

Default 93 ZJ AC trouble codes

OK, I put the old ATC system into diagnostic mode and here are the following
codes I got.
33 --- circuit open --- Ambient Temp sensor
38 --- circuit open --- Mode Door feedback Circuit
43 --- circuit shorted --- Solar Sensor Input Circuit
52 --- door not responding --- Blend Air Door Actuator Drive Circuit

Now can anyone tell me where to find these items and how to go about trouble
shooting them further? Anyone (Bill??) have some links or info on replacing
them? or know of somewhere (or someone) online that has or can post the
info??

Cheers

Snow...
"Everyone needs a dog to blame the yellow snow on"

Old October 25th 05, 10:57 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Look them up again: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 25th 05, 11:00 PM
DougW

Snow did pass the time by typing:
> OK, I put the old ATC system into diagnostic mode and here are the following
> codes I got.

Going by memory and a very poorly written service book. :/

> 33 --- circuit open --- Ambient Temp sensor

Located on the lower radiator support member behind the grill.
Connector might have fallen off or gotten corroded.
I think it was in the center, but when you take the grill off it
is right there.

> 38 --- circuit open --- Mode Door feedback Circuit

Under the right side of the HVAC unit

> 43 --- circuit shorted --- Solar Sensor Input Circuit

Located on the defogger grill, top of dash, The black bumpy thing.

> 52 --- door not responding --- Blend Air Door Actuator Drive Circuit

Pancake looking thing down by the passengers left foot (If I remember
correctly)

This might help. I've got more pages but they arn't ditigal yet
and the scanner is not cooperating with me today. Got another thing
to fix. yay. :/

http://www.revbeergoggles.com/93ZJAC/

If you have had the climate control unit out the connector might
have fallen off, or someone caught a foot on the loom.

Also check the #12 and #24 fuses 15A in the passenger side fuse bay.

--
DougW

Old October 25th 05, 11:12 PM
Billy Ray

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/code33.html

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/code43.html

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/code52.html

Old October 25th 05, 11:34 PM
DougW

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
>> Look them up again: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/

>> Snow wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, I put the old ATC system into diagnostic mode and here are the
>>> following
>>> codes I got.
>>> 33 --- circuit open --- Ambient Temp sensor
>>> http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/code33.html

ATC/HVAC fault codes, not ECM fault codes. Different doodad.

--
DougW

Old October 25th 05, 11:50 PM
Snow

"> Going by memory and a very poorly written service book. :/

>> 33 --- circuit open --- Ambient Temp sensor

> Located on the lower radiator support member behind the grill.
> Connector might have fallen off or gotten corroded.
> I think it was in the center, but when you take the grill off it
> is right there.

Ok This I found disconnected (assumming this also displays the outside temp.
on the overhead console), it is now connected.

>> 38 --- circuit open --- Mode Door feedback Circuit

> Under the right side of the HVAC unit

I'll look for it.

>> 43 --- circuit shorted --- Solar Sensor Input Circuit

> Located on the defogger grill, top of dash, The black bumpy thing.

Ok I see it...

>> 52 --- door not responding --- Blend Air Door Actuator Drive Circuit

> Pancake looking thing down by the passengers left foot (If I remember
> correctly)

I'll check it out

> This might help. I've got more pages but they arn't ditigal yet
> and the scanner is not cooperating with me today. Got another thing
> to fix. yay. :/
>
> http://www.revbeergoggles.com/93ZJAC/
>
> If you have had the climate control unit out the connector might
> have fallen off, or someone caught a foot on the loom.

I haven't had it out.. But I'll check things behind there. I'll check the
harness first.

> Also check the #12 and #24 fuses 15A in the passenger side fuse bay.

Will do.

Thanks Doug

Snow...
"People like to make yellow snow too!!"

Old October 25th 05, 11:58 PM
Snow

BTW Doug, have you had the opportunity to check the values of the oil level
sensor yet?

Snow...

Old October 26th 05, 02:03 AM
DougW

Snow did pass the time by typing:
> BTW Doug, have you had the opportunity to check the values of the oil level
> sensor yet?

I keep on forgetting when I do the oil change.

I do know it's a pressure sensor and current is sent through
it to ground and road salt/grime will cause a low-level
warning. That indicates it could report level information but
I doubt it is used that way, just a threashold circuit.

--
DougW

Old October 26th 05, 02:06 AM
DougW

Snow did pass the time by typing:
> "> Going by memory and a very poorly written service book. :/
>>
>>> 33 --- circuit open --- Ambient Temp sensor

>> Located on the lower radiator support member behind the grill.
>> Connector might have fallen off or gotten corroded.
>> I think it was in the center, but when you take the grill off it
>> is right there.

> Ok This I found disconnected (assumming this also displays the outside temp.
> on the overhead console), it is now connected.

That's the unit. It feeds both via the data bus.

> Thanks Doug

np

I have the manual ac on mine so taking pictures doesn't help and the
shop manual is not friendly.

--
DougW