Flat Screen Monitor for Games?

Old February 23rd 05, 05:27 AM
Norman Black

Also note that the Dell 2001FP has a 16ms response time. About as fast as it
gets for LCDs. 16ms = 60hz. Most LCDs are 25ms = 40Hz. Note that LCDs do not
have the flicker issue of CRTs so higher refresh rates like 75hz do not
really mean too much. Don't worry about contrast rations speced by
manufactures. All are playing games with specs and no LCD comes anywhere
close in real life to the ratio in the specs. Without running an objective
test there is no way to know if one brand is stretching the ration a little
and another stretching it a lot.

In the interest of full disclosure. I have the 2001FP.

Norman

ups.com...

Old February 23rd 05, 07:05 AM
Trinity

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:27:18 GMT, "Norman Black" >
wrote:

>Also note that the Dell 2001FP has a 16ms response time. About as fast as it
>gets for LCDs.

Nope. You can get as fast as 8ms now.
Old February 24th 05, 02:56 AM
Norman Black

Hence my use of the phrase "about as fast".

Old February 25th 05, 09:19 PM
Larry

If you have the right codes, you can get the Dell 2001FP shipped for about
$505 right now

-Larry

Old February 25th 05, 09:31 PM
Larry

Dave,

Weak warranty

"One-year limited warranty on parts, labor and backlight for units purchased
in the U.S. only. Three-year limited warranty on units purchased outside of
the U.S."

Nice monitor though!

-Larry

Old February 26th 05, 04:11 AM
Steve Smith

Maybe not. Only analog input, no digital. Pretty cheesy, IYAM.

http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/P...106_0000090595

Old March 11th 05, 09:04 PM

Earn a free Flat Screen Monitor (8 Referrals)
http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=15940597

NSR Demo - Anyone else getting black screen and PC crash? Mark Davison Simulators 2 January 24th 05 07:48 AM
driving on flat tyre ? NC Alfa Romeo 4 January 7th 05 11:23 AM
2003 M3 flat battery problem Andy's ntl news account BMW 5 September 22nd 04 03:21 PM
Grand Cherokee Owners - Fight back!! Grumpy 4x4 62 July 10th 04 04:52 AM