Another one (good parts store) bites the dust

Old October 29th 13, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default Another one (good parts store) bites the dust

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:41:51 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> >> GW

> >> I don't listen to radio when I am driving, it makes me nervous. In fact I

> >> removed the radio from > my van to keep it from being stolen.

> >Who would want a 6 volt, AM dial radio?

> Crackheads. During the Crack Epidemic of the eighties in Atlanta, my
>
> roommate had the AM radio stolen from his Impala. The thieves left it
>
> on the street a block away when they realized what it was.
>
> --scott

About a year ago, a guy was going around in my neighborhood burglerizing, among some of the things he stold from a neighbor who lives on the street behind me, he stole the radio out of my neighbor's older model diesel Mercedes Benz car. When my neighbor told me about that I removed the radios from my 1978 Dodge van and my 1983 Dodge van. I hardly ever listened to those radios anyway. I am a junk collector, I own over 300 radios, most of them I bought at Goodwill many years ago. Currently, I am listening to WJNT talk radio on my Aluratek Internet clock radio. I can tune in radio stations all over the World, also on my 32'' screen Sony Google TV set too.
Old November 1st 13, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

JR wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I don't listen to radio when I am driving, it makes me nervous. ....

yikes! I hope the team of psychiatrists discovers your escape from the
institution soon.

GW
Old November 1st 13, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:14:02 PM UTC-5, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> JR wrote:
>
> > [snip]

> > I don't listen to radio when I am driving, it makes me nervous. ....

> yikes! I hope the team of psychiatrists discovers your escape from the
>
> institution soon.
>

> GW

A 1982 Chevrolet van Idoor window and stold the radio. My 1978 Dodge van was twelve years old when I bought it.It didn't come from the factory with a radio, it didn't even have a hole for the antenna. I bought a radio at a K Mart store. I installed the radio, I drilled a hole in the right front cowl for the antenna. Years ago that radio quit working, I checked the fuse and wire connections, it still wouldn't work. The radio that was in my 1983 Dodge van got to where it would drift off station. I just don't care that much for listening to radio when I am driving anymore. Ten minutes drive to the food store, I don't miss the radio. I listen to radio when I am at home. Sometimes when I am out and about I see people in their cars and they aren't listening to their car radios either.