One week with an Alfa GT

Old December 4th 04, 05:03 PM
Ivan

Default One week with an Alfa GT

Just reporting back after a week of ownership of an Alfa GT 1.9 JTD.

Do I miss the 156 V6? Yes and no!
How could anyone ever forget the sound of an Alfa V6 flat out! The JTD is no
comparison...obviously!
But I do like the "GTA like" push you get with the JTD between 2 and 5k!

The handling and poise of the GT is much better than my previous 156s. Tyre
noise is higher in the GT though..but this is probably more a consequence of
18" wheels with 40 profile tyres! (Michelin Sport)

It's not been all plain sailing though! Flashing speedo and trip counter, no
aircon, no electric window operation and a boot that wouldn't open meant a
trip to the dealers... This was diagnosed to a poor connection on the
drivers side door connector.... All seems well now!

The one of the best things about the GT is the lack of other GT's on the
road at the mo!.. It draws quite a lot of attention!...The right sort I
might add!...... Just wish Alfa did a V6 that did 40+ MPG!!!

--
Ivan.

Alfa GT
Ex 156 2.5 V6 Veloce
Ex 156 Selespeed (RIP 22 May 03)
Ex 145 QV
Ex 33 16v QV
Ex 33 QV series 1

Old December 4th 04, 06:37 PM
Alfistagj

Can wait for mine (2.0JTS)
Will get it first working day next year.......
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Ivan" > schreef in bericht

Old December 4th 04, 10:03 PM
Domestos

> might add!...... Just wish Alfa did a V6 that did 40+ MPG!!!

I've been driving a 156 JTD for over a year now. When the GT JTD came out I
had a two day test drive (over a weekend) and the conclusion I came to was
that it drove equally well, with the same performance as the 156.

I actually get more attention in the 156 than I got in the GT, although this
may have somthing to do with my big soiler and blacked out windows, huge
alloys etc...and the price tag on the 156 was a lot less than the GT.

Just wondering why you chose a GT 156 over the 156 JTD. Wha won it for you?

Domestos

Old December 5th 04, 01:31 PM
Ivan

"Domestos" <never.you@mind> wrote in message

> Just wondering why you chose a GT 156 over the 156 JTD. Wha won it for
> you?

Well appart from me owning 2 156's already...... this might seem a bit
strange..... but I don't care much for the re-styled 156... Though the GT is
very similar, there a subtle differences... I also like the frame-less doors
and the fact there are only 2 of them.... the hatch offers more practicality
for the occational time I need to get big things in the boot... Having said
all that, I was looking at a 156 2.4 JTD as well... The arse of the GT is
sooo much nicer! Plus her in doors likes the GT too!

Old December 5th 04, 01:34 PM
Ivan

"Alfistagj" > wrote in message
> Can wait for mine (2.0JTS)
> Will get it first working day next year.......

Be the longest 3 weeks of your life! LOL!

You won't regret it... just the suspension tweeks over the early 156's is
worth the wait!... It's like a familiar friend that just got better!