Help: gas gauge not working

Old December 14th 04, 06:52 AM
Manolo

Default Help: gas gauge not working

Can anybody help me giving instructions of how to repair the gas gauge
in my 1979 VW bus? it never worked and I would love to repair it.
Thank you!!!
Old December 14th 04, 05:16 PM
Speedy Jim

Manolo wrote:
> Can anybody help me giving instructions of how to repair the gas gauge
> in my 1979 VW bus? it never worked and I would love to repair it.
> Thank you!!!

Look on my web site for fuel gauge info.

If you need to access the sender, there is even a diagram showing where
to cut the sheet metal (look in Mech section); not recommended if
Bus is pristine. <g>

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 14th 04, 08:11 PM
Braukuche

Hey all,
On my'65 Bus there is a ground wire running from one of the screws holding down
the sending unit to the chassis. Is this wire supposed to be there? Isn't the
sender already grounded by virtue of being screwed to the tank?
--Dan E
Old December 14th 04, 09:07 PM
Speedy Jim

Braukuche wrote:
> Hey all,
> On my'65 Bus there is a ground wire running from one of the screws holding down
> the sending unit to the chassis. Is this wire supposed to be there? Isn't the
> sender already grounded by virtue of being screwed to the tank?
> --Dan E

Normally, one of the sender screws has a plain brass washer to provide
grounding, but the additional wire won't hurt.

Speedy Jim

petrol gauge not working bono BMW 5 January 4th 05 07:45 PM
fuel gauge isn't working anymore(s) kilroy bass Honda 2 September 26th 04 11:35 PM
temperature gauge problems Uk model 1992 K reg 100 2.3 quattro AAR Paul Wickham Audi 0 May 22nd 04 05:47 PM