You can beat a car thief to death if you want to.

Old May 24th 05, 06:11 AM
Bernard farquart

Default You can beat a car thief to death if you want to.

Yeah, no charges will be filed!

http://www.komotv.com/news/mnewsaction.asp?ID=36778

I think if you choose to steal a car, you are commiting an inherently
dangerous activity, so if you die during the act, no harm no foul.

Bernard

Old May 24th 05, 01:33 PM
JohnH

> Yeah, no charges will be filed!

They should be given awards.

Old May 24th 05, 05:19 PM
Jim Yanik

"Bernard farquart" > wrote in

> Yeah, no charges will be filed!
>
> http://www.komotv.com/news/mnewsaction.asp?ID=36778
>
> I think if you choose to steal a car, you are commiting an inherently
> dangerous activity, so if you die during the act, no harm no foul.
>
> Bernard

In Florida,carjacking is considered grounds for use of lethal force for
that very reason;an inherently dangreous (to others)activity.

But it's still illegal to shoot a auto thief from your house's window.

So,it you are inside it when they try to steal it,you can shoot them,but if
you are a distance away,you can't. ;-}

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 24th 05, 06:03 PM
Ted B.

> In Florida,carjacking is considered grounds for use of lethal force for
> that very reason;an inherently dangreous (to others)activity.
>
> But it's still illegal to shoot a auto thief from your house's window.
>
> So,it you are inside it when they try to steal it,you can shoot them,but
> if
> you are a distance away,you can't. ;-}

So shoot them from the house and then hop in the car and call 911 from your
cell phone. -Dave

Old May 25th 05, 01:36 AM
Jim Yanik

"Ted B." > wrote in
eenews.net:

>> In Florida,carjacking is considered grounds for use of lethal force
>> for that very reason;an inherently dangreous (to others)activity.
>>
>> But it's still illegal to shoot a auto thief from your house's
>> window.
>>
>> So,it you are inside it when they try to steal it,you can shoot
>> them,but if
>> you are a distance away,you can't. ;-}
>>

> So shoot them from the house and then hop in the car and call 911 from
> your cell phone. -Dave

I want to stay within the law WRT firearms and their usage.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 25th 05, 02:11 AM
Harry K

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Ted B." > wrote in
> eenews.net:
>
> >> In Florida,carjacking is considered grounds for use of lethal force
> >> for that very reason;an inherently dangreous (to others)activity.
> >>
> >> But it's still illegal to shoot a auto thief from your house's
> >> window.
> >>
> >> So,it you are inside it when they try to steal it,you can shoot
> >> them,but if
> >> you are a distance away,you can't. ;-}
> >>

> > So shoot them from the house and then hop in the car and call 911 from
> > your cell phone. -Dave
> >

> I want to stay within the law WRT firearms and their usage.
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

IIANM you can legally shoot the thief in Texas from the house.

Harry K

Old May 25th 05, 08:06 AM
L Sternn

On Tue, 24 May 2005 05:11:02 GMT, "Bernard farquart"
> wrote:

>Yeah, no charges will be filed!

Right on!

Old May 25th 05, 02:27 PM
Ted B.

>>> But it's still illegal to shoot a auto thief from your house's
>>> window.
>>>
>>> So,it you are inside it when they try to steal it,you can shoot
>>> them,but if
>>> you are a distance away,you can't. ;-}
>>>

>> So shoot them from the house and then hop in the car and call 911 from
>> your cell phone. -Dave
>>

> I want to stay within the law WRT firearms and their usage.

I guess I should have added the smiley. -Dave

Old May 25th 05, 04:33 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article .com>,
Harry K > wrote:

>> I want to stay within the law WRT firearms and their usage.

>IIANM you can legally shoot the thief in Texas from the house.

Yes, as one repo man found out. Well, he didn't find out; IIRC the
shot was fatal.

No, I'm not crying for the repo man. Far as I'm concerned, laws
which allow repossession without notice are just _begging_ for that
sort of thing to happen.

Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Don't shoot anyone on my advice.
result in a fully-depreciated one.