T1-S vs. ES100 in 14" size

Old March 4th 05, 10:47 PM
josh

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article <1109955565.469423@sj-nntpcache-5>, josh >
> wrote:
>

>>1. T1-S in 195/55-14 ... so far probably my top choice but I'm afraid I'll
>>be disappointed with the turn-in (soft sidewall is precisely what I hate
>>about my current tires; ultra-stiff sidewall is what I loved about my last
>>set)

> Don't make too much of this.

OK...

T1-S it is then.

It will be such a relief to get rid of these godawful Ziex 512's.
Old March 5th 05, 02:11 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Craig Wagner > wrote:

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

>>I do not know about that. For one, I believe that the ES 100 is
>>more reliable in the wet.

>I had felt just the opposite. I went through a set of ES100s and switched to the
>T1-S and have found that I'm more confident cornering in the wet with them than
>the Yoko's.
>
>Of course since the tire switch I also had a four-wheel alignment done using the
>specs on Miata.net, so that might contribute to the increased confidence as
>well.

It is not so much cornering, it is that sometimes the T1-S tires
just lose it completely. My guess is that the rubber additive
they use has trouble with either coolant or oil on a wet road. At
least, it seems to happen where those seem likely to be present.

For the rest, I am just as confident with the T1-S tires as with the
ES-100. And despite talks of Needles in haystacks, we do have
a lot of rain where I live in Florida.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

044 heads vs stock heads on stock size piston/barrels Matt S VW air cooled 1 February 25th 05 05:04 AM
good tires in "non-performance" size? Daniel J. Stern Driving 8 February 15th 05 10:16 PM
what size ehaust jex VW air cooled 1 January 13th 05 06:13 PM
mounted wrong size tires DC Honda 11 November 2nd 04 05:12 PM