Chargers to star in NASCAR

Old October 16th 04, 08:26 AM
Ted Azito

Default Chargers to star in NASCAR

I refuse to take NASCAR seriously when the street cars are all FWD
with transverse four cylinder engines and the ""stock"" car has a
front V8 mounted fore and aft and driving the rear wheels. SCCA
Showroom Stock is more honest, and actually better racing action.

I think the federales should make NASCAR change their name to NAMCAR,
for 'modified' car.

Old October 16th 04, 01:46 PM
TOM KAN PA

<< I refuse to take NASCAR seriously when the street cars are all FWD with
transverse four cylinder engines and the ""stock"" car has a front V8 mounted
fore and aft and driving the rear wheels >>
____Reply Separator_____
Or the "Stock" Ford Taurus is a two-door coupe!

Old October 18th 04, 03:59 AM
Joe

I really thought when GM stopped making rear drive V-8 cars, they should
have been forced to race what they manufactured. But, nobody cares what I
think, and NASCAR thinks the sport is better served by parity, deserved or
not. But it has certainly reached an embarrassing level of
non-stock-car-ness.

Old October 18th 04, 03:59 AM
Joe

Old October 18th 04, 08:55 PM
Steve

Ted Azito wrote:

> I refuse to take NASCAR seriously when the street cars are all FWD
> with transverse four cylinder engines and the ""stock"" car has a
> front V8 mounted fore and aft and driving the rear wheels. SCCA
> Showroom Stock is more honest, and actually better racing action.

I don't understand the visceral urge to bitch about NASCAR or any other
racing series that doesn't catch your fancy. Formula 1 isn't anymore
"honest." IRL isn't anymore "honest." CART isn't anymore "honest." All
of them are just spec series where all the cars have to comform to a
given set of rules. I happen to LIKE it when the rules call for a 5.7
liter naturally-aspirated v8. True, NASCAR hasn't been "stock" since
1973, but then there hasn't been a race-worthy "stock" sedan built since
the Buick Grand National was cancelled anyway. Racing front-drive v6
cars would be about as exciting as watching ice melt.

Old October 18th 04, 08:55 PM
Steve

Old October 19th 04, 02:34 PM
jaCK CHAPIN

Steve > wrote in message >...
> Ted Azito wrote:
>
> > I refuse to take NASCAR seriously when the street cars are all FWD
> > with transverse four cylinder engines and the ""stock"" car has a
> > front V8 mounted fore and aft and driving the rear wheels. SCCA
> > Showroom Stock is more honest, and actually better racing action.
> >

> I don't understand the visceral urge to bitch about NASCAR or any other
> racing series that doesn't catch your fancy. Formula 1 isn't anymore
> "honest." IRL isn't anymore "honest." CART isn't anymore "honest." All
> of them are just spec series where all the cars have to comform to a
> given set of rules. I happen to LIKE it when the rules call for a 5.7
> liter naturally-aspirated v8. True, NASCAR hasn't been "stock" since
> 1973, but then there hasn't been a race-worthy "stock" sedan built since
> the Buick Grand National was cancelled anyway. Racing front-drive v6
> cars would be about as exciting as watching ice melt.

lets see, isn't it about the driver/team given a platform to
conform/race
with, in any racing series? oh and if you want excitement, just go
find the
local street racing scene and watch kids DIE on any given weekend as
happened to a girl in the dallas/ft.worth metroplex a couple of days
ago
2 days before her sweet sixteenth b'day!?! our greatgrandparents did
it{streetrace} and our greatgrandkids will been doing this unless the
consequences become greater than thrill of the game."honesty" is in
the eye
of the OBSERVER. there are varying degrees of pushing the envelope in
the various racing series or as paul tracy put it nascar is to WWF as
cart is
to proffessional tennis since there is more cheating in nascar. the
problem
i have with the monopoly we call NASCAR NATION{the france family} is
that
this generation is all about the bizness and nothing about the me and
you
the FANS WHO MADE THE SPORT WHAT IT IS TODAY. i was a fan of dale sr.
who
was the fans advocate for the sport, and who i bet would be kickin'
his sons
tail all the way to suzuka and leavin' his carcass in the land of the
risin' sun
to be a corparate hack for the likes of toyota, pioneer, and the like.
trust me, when brian france can export nascar world wide which he
will if given the oppty.
then you'll see the end of all other international racing series save
off-road
because it all goes back to the bizness and screw the fans as long as
the RATINGS STAY UP OR GROW!!!!!!!!!! don't understand why i bitch
about nascar nation? then you obviously don't remember why the
snowball derby or any other final season LOCAL race was so important
to the local nascar fans.i didn't mean for this to become a rant about
a sports monopoly{see the ferko suit against
NASCAR;{, BUT UNTIL WE GET THE LAWYERS INVOLVED TO BREAK IT LIKE
CONGRESS DID
TO mlb WE'LL HAVE TO ACCEPT WHAT'S FED TO US THE FANS not the
stockholders.

dw, aka jaws is probably the smartest team owner in the sport today
and he
breaks the mold of the sterotypical new car lot owner who saves mony
or
strokes his ego by hawking his own bizness. because he's good at it
and
sees the writing on the wall for the international nascar nation fan.
nobody likes change but he embraces it and knows how to prosper within
the system.

a loud enough, or irritating enough voice will get results if you are
persistant
enough and start costing too many fat cat's too much money cause it
all goes back to the bizness of NASCAR NATION. YESSIR MR. FRANCE I
SHORE HOPE YOU IS READIN THIS BECAUSE THIS IS OUR SPORT NOT yours;}

that's my story and i'm stickin' to it
Old October 19th 04, 02:34 PM
jaCK CHAPIN