2002 300M Exterior Cleaning Question

Old October 24th 04, 11:53 AM

Default 2002 300M Exterior Cleaning Question

Has anyone ever seen a buildup of dirt/something on the metal strips
between windows & near mirrors ? It's that funny metal - different
from body. After some brush-less car washes, there seems to be this
buildup (streaky/blotchy) only in those areas. You can hand rub it out
(kinda). Looks like crap - but only there ?

Any special cleaners that might help here ? Has anyone seen this
result from car washes ?

Thanks !
Old October 24th 04, 03:39 PM
Bill Putney

> Has anyone ever seen a buildup of dirt/something on the metal strips
> between windows & near mirrors ? It's that funny metal - different
> from body. After some brush-less car washes, there seems to be this
> buildup (streaky/blotchy) only in those areas. You can hand rub it out
> (kinda). Looks like crap - but only there ?
>
> Any special cleaners that might help here ? Has anyone seen this
> result from car washes ?
>
> Thanks !

There's a forum on the 300M Club forums (
http://300mclub.100megs42.com)
devoted to black trim and weatherstripping issues in which that type of
thing has been discussed extensively with solutions given mostly in the
way of commercial "Back to Black" type products - seems there are
several products that work for 300M owners there. Some products appear
to be better for gloss finishes, others optimized for flat.

The forum is called "Black Trim and Weatherstripping" - here's the link
directly to that forum:
http://300mclub.100megs42.com/forums...12e5be5 701cb
You may find the search feature there useful if a cursory look at
recent thread titles doesn't turn up what you're looking for.

HTH!

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old October 24th 04, 03:39 PM
Bill Putney

Old October 24th 04, 09:26 PM
Art

Is it still under warranty? Some seem to go bad finish-wise. Try asking
dealer for replacement.

Old October 24th 04, 09:26 PM
Art

Old October 25th 04, 01:24 AM

No, outside warranty now. But I like the thought..

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:26:59 GMT, "Art"
> wrote:

>Is it still under warranty? Some seem to go bad finish-wise. Try asking
>dealer for replacement.

.. .

Old October 25th 04, 01:24 AM

No, outside warranty now. But I like the thought..

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:26:59 GMT, "Art"
> wrote:

>Is it still under warranty? Some seem to go bad finish-wise. Try asking
>dealer for replacement.

.. .

Old October 25th 04, 01:25 AM

Bill, thanks for the suggestions & site here. Hopefully I'll learn
something !
Doug

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:39:57 -0400, Bill Putney >

Old October 25th 04, 01:25 AM

Bill, thanks for the suggestions & site here. Hopefully I'll learn
something !
Doug

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:39:57 -0400, Bill Putney >

>> Has anyone ever seen a buildup of dirt/something on the metal strips
>> between windows & near mirrors ? It's that funny metal - different
>> from body. After some brush-less car washes, there seems to be this
>> buildup (streaky/blotchy) only in those areas. You can hand rub it out
>> (kinda). Looks like crap - but only there ?
>>
>> Any special cleaners that might help here ? Has anyone seen this
>> result from car washes ?
>>
>> Thanks !

>There's a forum on the 300M Club forums (http://300mclub.100megs42.com)
>devoted to black trim and weatherstripping issues in which that type of
>thing has been discussed extensively with solutions given mostly in the
>way of commercial "Back to Black" type products - seems there are
>several products that work for 300M owners there. Some products appear
>to be better for gloss finishes, others optimized for flat.
>
>The forum is called "Black Trim and Weatherstripping" - here's the link
>directly to that forum:
>http://300mclub.100megs42.com/forums...12e5be5 701cb
> You may find the search feature there useful if a cursory look at
>recent thread titles doesn't turn up what you're looking for.
>
>HTH!
>
>Bill Putney
>(To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>adddress with the letter 'x')

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

2002 X5 Trunk Connector Question John BMW 2 December 21st 04 10:17 PM
2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions LIW Audi 2 November 14th 04 05:38 PM
JEEP question - 4.0 vs 4.0HO James Morrow 4x4 12 June 2nd 04 05:16 PM