Low Profile vs Standard Tires - Durability?

Old October 10th 04, 07:44 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Dave Gower" > wrote in message

> "Nomen Nescio" > wrote
>

> > Now we are in the age of -45 and lower profiles yet. What is the
> > experience with these low, but wide tires.

> I know that among Focus owners there are complaints about the 50-series
> tires on some sportier models. They handle well but tend to break in
> potholes. Apparently it is quite common for Ford dealers in places like

New
> York City to recommend that owners replace them with the regular 60 series
> tires on smaller rims (15 inch vs. 16).
>
> Personally I think that all cars intended for regular real-world use

should
> be available with 70 series tires.

I agree totally. The lower profile make the things look like the Mexicans
across
the border just got done with the customization job. All that's missing is
the
dingle balls.

Ted

Old October 16th 04, 08:37 AM
Ted Azito

I don't think the "modern" low profile tire and big wheel look that
great. I think they look line the wheel is wearing a black sanitary
pad for a tire. I feel like telling the dealer to send it flowers and
a box of chocolates and I'll take it out to dinner next week.

Old October 17th 04, 06:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

You feel better with your racial generalization?
The put down makes you feel superior hey?
Can't make your point without belittling an entire race of people?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old October 17th 04, 06:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Old October 17th 04, 04:37 PM
Bob

"Just Me "Koi"" > wrote in message
> You feel better with your racial generalization?
> The put down makes you feel superior hey?
> Can't make your point without belittling an entire race of people?

Troll

Old October 17th 04, 04:37 PM
Bob

Old October 18th 04, 03:43 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Troll? If you meant that I am/was a troll, you are wrong. I am a regular
here with a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. Not a troll.

Trolls don't normally include their webshots account when trolling now do
they?

--

Old October 18th 04, 03:43 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Old October 18th 04, 04:19 AM
Bob

Well hell....... I'm sorry about that! I'll be sure and take you off my
troll list and put you on my idiot list.
Bob