2006 mx-5

Old August 6th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
MX-5

Default 2006 mx-5

I just bought a 2006 MX-5 and I have to say I have never enjoyed a car
more..........ZOOM ZOOM

Old August 7th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Dano[_1_]

MX-5 wrote:
> I just bought a 2006 MX-5 and I have to say I have never enjoyed a car
> more..........ZOOM ZOOM

Is'nt it fun... I just picked one up on Saturday on a bit of a whim.
It's funny, I was inclined to pick up the new Pontiac but the stealers
around here want 5K over sticker. Well they can stick their sticker -
I ran straight to the Mazda dealer and paid invoice for a fantastic
roadster.

Old August 8th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
W. Kiernan

MX-5 wrote:

> I just bought a 2006 MX-5 and I have to say I have
> never enjoyed a car more..........ZOOM ZOOM

....two big issues to worry about though: 1.) sunburn's gonna get you,
and 2.) you're apt to smile so much your face muscles get sore.

But after a while the novelty will wear off and you'll get used to it.
Or so I'm told; it's only been six years and three months since I first
drove a Miata, but I expect to get all blase about driving this car any
time now.

Yours WDK -
Old August 8th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"W. Kiernan" > wrote:

> But after a while the novelty will wear off and you'll get used to it.
> Or so I'm told; it's only been six years and three months since I first
> drove a Miata, but I expect to get all blase about driving this car any
> time now.

Nine years, five months here. Still waiting....

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old August 8th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon[_1_]

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:06:25 -0400, pltrgyst wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:02:20 GMT, Lanny Chambers
> > wrote:
>
>>> But after a while the novelty will wear off and you'll get used to it.
>>> Or so I'm told; it's only been six years and three months since I
>>> first drove a Miata, but I expect to get all blase about driving this
>>> car any time now.

>>Nine years, five months here. Still waiting....

> 43+ years here since the first Triumph, 15+ since first Miata, still
> waiting...

I've only had my Miata for less than a month. The commute from work is
only 10 miles and by the time I get home I'm in a whole different frame of
mind. Just sitting in it and looking out over the fenders, listening to
those four angry little cylinders, everything about it is great. I love
it.
Old August 9th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

nothing blase' there eh?!

Pat, there's allot of positive comments on the NC .................maybe
it's time to start up those payments again? ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old August 9th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> nothing blase' there eh?!
>
> Pat, there's allot of positive comments on the NC .................maybe
> it's time to start up those payments again? ;-)
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I think that I want the Spyder. I never liked convertibles until the
miata, and the top is still a negative for most people until it is down,
and it is not as good as a non-fabric top when it is up.
I love driving top-down, but only when it is comfortable, which is about
50% of the time where I live, at least during the daytime.

Baking all day in the hot sun, A/C or not, and driving top-down when it
gets uncomfortably cold are not my thing.
I am now thinking that the folding hardtop would be used quite a bit.
Sure it adds 87 pounds to the car, but I probably weigh about that much
less than the average American anyway. :-)

The only other disadvantage to the folding hardtop that I can see is
that the top color will fade at a slower rate than the rest of the car,
especially if it is left down a lot.
Not a very big deal to me, but maybe something to consider. I would
probably at least wax it more often than the rest of the car.

Pat
Old August 9th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

pws wrote:

> I would probably at least wax it more often than the rest of the car.
> Pat

Make that, I would probably wax the rest of the car more often than the
folding hardtop. It is late......

Pat
Old August 9th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson

"Carbon" > wrote in message
news
>, listening to those four angry little cylinders,

What a great line You should try a RoadsterSport exhaust, they sound even
angrier.

Jim

2006 MX-5 Sport