For Sale (UK): Alfa 147 1.6 TS Lusso '01 '51

Old March 7th 05, 08:05 PM
PhilipS

Default For Sale (UK): Alfa 147 1.6 TS Lusso '01 '51

Alfa Romeo 147 TS Lusso 1.6 3 door, 120BHP, 2001 '51 reg, 37,800 miles,
Gabbianno Blue Metallic, Classic Grey Velour. Full ALFA service
history, inc. main dealer new cam belt at 36k. 4 recent new tyres.
Extended warranty until Oct 05, T&T.

Lusso Spec, includes dual zone climate, cruise, traction, trip
computer, 6 airbags, alloys (unmarked), cd/radio 8 speakers etc etc.

GENUINELY immaculate, One obsessional Alfisti owner from new, (never
rev'd above 4k until warmed up, always fed on Selenia, Autoglym'd from
new, you know the kind of thing!)

Reason for sale: GT coupe!

email me on for more info. Location:
Midlands, UK

=A37300ono (GBP)

Old March 7th 05, 08:39 PM
PhilipS

Ah, its stopped my email address replace the ... in the above email
with 147 (what else?)

Old March 8th 05, 06:52 PM
Zathras

On 7 Mar 2005 12:05:19 -0800, "PhilipS" >
wrote:

>Alfa Romeo 147 TS Lusso 1.6 3 door,

<snip>

>£7300ono (GBP)

You'll be lucky to get that for *anything* Alfa made in 2001 let alone
their smallest base model. A quick glance at eBay(!) shows even at
£5700 these don't fly off to new buyers. That value is probably what
mine is worth and it has less miles..

Good luck anyway!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old March 16th 05, 09:42 AM
PhilipS

> >Alfa Romeo 147 TS Lusso 1.6 3 door,

> <snip>
>
> >=A37300ono (GBP)

> You'll be lucky to get that for *anything* Alfa made in 2001 let

alone
> their smallest base model. A quick glance at eBay(!) shows even at
> =A35700 these don't fly off to new buyers. That value is probably what
> mine is worth and it has less miles..
>
> Good luck anyway!

> Scotland
> Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
> 'Oil' be seeing you..
> (Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)

Oh pessimistic doom-mongers! Car has just sold for =A37k (my target
price) AND it's a personal import (which the buyer knew all about) (not
that that should really make any difference, although the motor trade
has you believe it does).

Keep a car in beautiful condition and it will sell itself, it's just
getting the first punter to come and look. That's the 5th very tidy
car i've sold privately over the years without having to take the pain
of a low trade in value.=20

PhilipS

Old March 16th 05, 11:28 AM
Zathras

On 16 Mar 2005 01:42:15 -0800, "PhilipS" >
wrote:

>> >Alfa Romeo 147 TS Lusso 1.6 3 door,

>> <snip>
>>
>> >£7300ono (GBP)

>> You'll be lucky to get that for *anything* Alfa made in 2001 let

>alone
>> their smallest base model. A quick glance at eBay(!) shows even at
>> £5700 these don't fly off to new buyers. That value is probably what
>> mine is worth and it has less miles..
>>
>> Good luck anyway!
>>
>> --
>> Scotland
>> Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
>> 'Oil' be seeing you..
>> (Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)

>Oh pessimistic doom-mongers!

Hardly! These are on Auto Trader at 6995UKP from Garage Forecourts and
eBay is a disaster zone for these.

>Car has just sold for £7k

You've just done a blinder and got more than even the (usually
optimistic) Parkers value!!

> (my target
>price) AND it's a personal import (which the buyer knew all about) (not
>that that should really make any difference, although the motor trade
>has you believe it does).
>
>Keep a car in beautiful condition and it will sell itself, it's just
>getting the first punter to come and look. That's the 5th very tidy
>car i've sold privately over the years without having to take the pain
>of a low trade in value.

Whatever..but someone has paid over the odds for your car. Does this
make me a *doom-monger* or does it just say something about your
buyer. As I said before - you've been lucky.

Old March 16th 05, 01:19 PM
PhilipS

I wasn't 'aving a go!!!

I suppose any car is ultimately worth what someone else is prepared to
pay for it! I would say that the buyer was well informed, in that they
had this specific model in mind and had looked/investigated others.

Alfa 'approved used' ones at that age are generally listed at 7995 -
8995 GBP (there was one (2.0) at 10495!!!). Parkers private sale was
7.1k, what car 7.45k, So against that, 7k is a saving, when you factor
in the balance of an extended warranty, a good private sale car with
full provenance can be more attractive than one from an independant
dealer?

I was refreshed that the import issue didn't really come into play, as
it was in the back of my mind from the day I bought it. Maybe they are
now so common that buyers have lost wariness (and rightly so really,
never caused me any problems at all).

cheers

Old March 16th 05, 05:41 PM
Zathras

On 16 Mar 2005 05:19:40 -0800, "PhilipS" >
wrote:

<snip>
>I was refreshed that the import issue didn't really come into play, as
>it was in the back of my mind from the day I bought it. Maybe they are
>now so common that buyers have lost wariness (and rightly so really,
>never caused me any problems at all).

There are a couple of potential issues regarding imports:

1/ Is the car to full 'UK specification' including badges? This can
actually affect insuring the car if it's not to the exact UK spec. I
suspect most importers don't even tell their insurance companies but
I've seen some very different-from-UK-spec imports. Having said that,
Alfa do plenty of miss-builds too and I've seen a Main Dealer car park
full of cheap ones for a company order that all had something VERY
weird in their builds. For example full Veloce spec exterior but full
Lusso interior without the leather, dashboards from one spec and seat
fabrics from another. The sort of weirdness that wasn't on the options
list.

2/ Alfa UK have to refer all appropriate *warranty* issues back to the
supplying countries Alfa importer (i.e. where the warranty was
purchased or original liability lies). This can slow up grey area
warranty work authorisation like cam belt failure outside the 3 year
standard warranty etc.

If you can pass on 1/ and live with 2/ then I don't think there's
anything else to genuinely affect an import relative to non-import.

Mine's an import and I've not had a problem as a result. It was
certainly a LOT cheaper to import an Alfa in 2001 than source new in
the UK!!

Old March 16th 05, 06:05 PM
SteveH

PhilipS > wrote:

> > >Alfa Romeo 147 TS Lusso 1.6 3 door,

> > <snip>
> >
> > >£7300ono (GBP)

> > You'll be lucky to get that for *anything* Alfa made in 2001 let

> alone
> > their smallest base model. A quick glance at eBay(!) shows even at
> > £5700 these don't fly off to new buyers. That value is probably what
> > mine is worth and it has less miles..
> >
> > Good luck anyway!

> Oh pessimistic doom-mongers! Car has just sold for £7k

Funny how many people reply 'well I just sold it for more or less my
asking price' the day after they're told the asking price is too
high.....
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old March 16th 05, 08:42 PM
Halmyre

Zathras wrote:

> On 16 Mar 2005 05:19:40 -0800, "PhilipS" >
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>I was refreshed that the import issue didn't really come into play, as
>>it was in the back of my mind from the day I bought it. Maybe they are
>>now so common that buyers have lost wariness (and rightly so really,
>>never caused me any problems at all).

> There are a couple of potential issues regarding imports:
>
> 1/ Is the car to full 'UK specification' including badges? This can
> actually affect insuring the car if it's not to the exact UK spec. I
> suspect most importers don't even tell their insurance companies

When I got my 156 Veloce in October 2000 the insurance companies didn't
even recognise 'Veloce' as an option - I think they were working along
the 'SP' options. In the end I think I put it down as a 'Lusso', but
there wasn't any difference in the premium between the base model and
the Lusso anyway, AFAIR.

Halmyre

Old March 17th 05, 10:42 AM
Zathras

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:42:59 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:

>Zathras wrote:

<snip>
>When I got my 156 Veloce in October 2000 the insurance companies didn't
>even recognise 'Veloce' as an option - I think they were working along
>the 'SP' options. In the end I think I put it down as a 'Lusso', but
>there wasn't any difference in the premium between the base model and
>the Lusso anyway, AFAIR.

I've had something similar but it was for a 2.0 JTS the first working
day after they were first released in this country! Insurance were
going to refuse because they had no record of such a car. When pressed
(strongly) they managed to find the exact car in their records -
amazing!

I can only assume that new entries to their insurance database appear
in a different place or sort order to confuse the ordinary tele
receptionist.

I've had the run-around with mine too though. "Felloe - what's that
then?"..er.."lowered suspension..different alloys..etc.etc". You could
hear them laugh at the end of the phone to the sound of tills going
"kerchink". I just find an insurance company that knows "veloce" and
doesn't rip me off! My insurance went down (marginally) without asking
this year..yippeee!