Accord vs. Camry ?

Old May 29th 05, 09:12 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Accord vs. Camry ?

On Saturday my wife and I both drove the 4 cylinder automatics and really
like both the Honda and Toyota. I couldn't find any significant difference
but my wife liked the looks of one better than the other and she can't
recall which one because we also drove the Mitsubishi Galant, Hyundai
Sonota, Toyota Matrix, and a PT Cruiser. The PT & Matrix is off our list
and it's between Honda and Toyota because the other 2 Asian cars depreciate
faster. Apart from emotions with prices, performace and features
essentially the same what are factual reasons for selecting one over the
other.
tnx
Hank

Old May 29th 05, 11:31 PM
SoCalMike

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
> On Saturday my wife and I both drove the 4 cylinder automatics and really
> like both the Honda and Toyota. I couldn't find any significant difference
> but my wife liked the looks of one better than the other and she can't
> recall which one because we also drove the Mitsubishi Galant, Hyundai
> Sonota, Toyota Matrix, and a PT Cruiser. The PT & Matrix is off our list
> and it's between Honda and Toyota because the other 2 Asian cars depreciate
> faster. Apart from emotions with prices, performace and features
> essentially the same what are factual reasons for selecting one over the
> other.

i like the matrix. sporty, 4 doors, toyota quality, hatch. insurance
companies might consider it a station wagon, meaning the rates are
lower. i like practical cars, and theres nothing much more practical
than a hatch, especially if youve ever had to make a trip to home depot
to bring home a door and a toilet.
Old May 31st 05, 12:39 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
"Henry Kolesnik" > wrote:

> On Saturday my wife and I both drove the 4 cylinder automatics and really
> like both the Honda and Toyota. I couldn't find any significant difference
> but my wife liked the looks of one better than the other and she can't
> recall which one because we also drove the Mitsubishi Galant, Hyundai
> Sonota, Toyota Matrix, and a PT Cruiser. The PT & Matrix is off our list
> and it's between Honda and Toyota because the other 2 Asian cars depreciate
> faster. Apart from emotions with prices, performace and features
> essentially the same what are factual reasons for selecting one over the
> other.
> tnx
> Hank

Saying that Mitsubishi and Hyundai "depreciate faster" is a nice way of
saying that they age rapidly. They wouldn't be fun to own for long.

The Accord and Camry are both good cars. Generally Honda has stiff
suspensions while Toyota has very soft suspensions. Not much else is
different in the standard trim models.
Old May 31st 05, 01:00 AM
Henry Kolesnik

We'll were leaning toward the Camry because it's a little less costly and
has a drivers side power seat along with steerin wheel controls for the
radio. I also think it's quieter on the highway.
To me depreciation or aging faster means you get less for it when you sell
or trade. In time Hyundai will catch up and Honda and Toyota will feel the
pinch.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old May 31st 05, 01:55 AM
stevie

I don't think the Honda steering wheel controls are lighted. This might
have a bearing on you decision. To me, it doesn''t make sense to not have
lighted controls.

May not be true in 05 models.

Old May 31st 05, 09:23 AM
Sparky Spartacus

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article >, "stevie" >
> wrote:
>
>>I don't think the Honda steering wheel controls are lighted. This might
>>have a bearing on you decision. To me, it doesn''t make sense to not have
>>lighted controls.
>>
>>May not be true in 05 models.

> And it may be that LX doesn't have lighted controls, but EX does. Honda
> does silly things like that.

IIRC the EX controls are lighted in '05.

Also, my '03 Accord EX sedan had a power drivers seat, so I assume the
'05 does as well.

FWIW, I've always been happy with the unlighted steering wheel controls
- I use them by feel, not sight.
Old June 2nd 05, 05:40 AM
Pars

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Henry Kolesnik" > wrote:
>
> > To me depreciation or aging faster means you get less for it when you

sell
> > or trade. In time Hyundai will catch up and Honda and Toyota will feel

the
> > pinch.

> Hyundai is now where Honda and Toyota were in the mid to late 70s.
>
> Honda and Toyota better not get an attitude. Pride goeth before a fall.

In Canada, The 2005 Kia Spectrum was voted economy car of the year. The
economy class, is the most hotly contest segment for the canucks (who have
to put up with 15% sales tax and higher gas prices). The fact the Spectrum
was able to take top honors is a huge success for the under dog company.

Kia is a off-shoot from Hyundai and share mechanics (like the engine and
chassis). The 2006 Elentra will probably be an improvement over the 2005
Spectrum...and should be a car to be recon with.

Hyundai is on Toyota&Honda's heels, not decades behind.

Pars

Old June 2nd 05, 05:32 PM
Jason

In article >, "Elmo P.
Shagnasty" > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Pars" > wrote:
>
> > > Hyundai is now where Honda and Toyota were in the mid to late 70s.
> > >
> > > Honda and Toyota better not get an attitude. Pride goeth before a fall.
> > >

> > In Canada, The 2005 Kia Spectrum was voted economy car of the year. The
> > economy class, is the most hotly contest segment for the canucks (who have
> > to put up with 15% sales tax and higher gas prices). The fact the Spectrum
> > was able to take top honors is a huge success for the under dog company.
> >
> > Kia is a off-shoot from Hyundai and share mechanics (like the engine and
> > chassis). The 2006 Elentra will probably be an improvement over the 2005
> > Spectrum...and should be a car to be recon with.
> >
> > Hyundai is on Toyota&Honda's heels, not decades behind.

> Not technologically, necessarily, although they are building simpler
> cars.
>
> But in the consumer mindset, they certainly are.

Interesting post. If Hyundai wants to compete with Honda and Toyota they
will have to build vehicles that not only look as great as Honda and
Toyota vehicles but also are as well built as Honda and Toyota vehicles.
It's possible to easily get over 200,000 miles on Honda and Toyota
vehicles if those vehicles are well maintained. When it is possible to
easily get over 200,000 on Hyundai vehicles--at that point they will be on
par with Honda and Toyota vehicles. This also applies to Kia and any other
car company. Neither Hyundai or Kia has reached that point as of 2005.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old June 3rd 05, 12:13 AM
Pars

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Pars" > wrote:
>
> > > Hyundai is now where Honda and Toyota were in the mid to late 70s.
> > >
> > > Honda and Toyota better not get an attitude. Pride goeth before a

fall.

> > In Canada, The 2005 Kia Spectrum was voted economy car of the year. The
> > economy class, is the most hotly contest segment for the canucks (who

have
> > to put up with 15% sales tax and higher gas prices). The fact the

Spectrum
> > was able to take top honors is a huge success for the under dog company.
> >
> > Kia is a off-shoot from Hyundai and share mechanics (like the engine

and
> > chassis). The 2006 Elentra will probably be an improvement over the

2005
> > Spectrum...and should be a car to be recon with.
> >
> > Hyundai is on Toyota&Honda's heels, not decades behind.

> Not technologically, necessarily, although they are building simpler
> cars.

The technology is on par. Hyundai's 4 bangers do come with the double
overhead cam engine and variable valve timing.

Hyundai doesn't have the experience or established parts producer to take
their quality to the levels found in Toyota and Honda. Given the rapid
improvements over succeeding generations, it shouldn't take long before they
start becoming a player in the more influential comparisons test.

Pars

> But in the consumer mindset, they certainly are.

Should I Replace VSV On 01 Camry To Clear Check Engine Light??? [email protected] Technology 2 May 7th 05 10:56 PM
2005 Accord: iPod-friendly? Paul Wylie Honda 11 April 5th 05 09:09 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
2005 Accord ... Should I? DaveR Honda 21 February 10th 05 12:15 AM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM