Will I fit in an M3?

Old January 12th 05, 08:05 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Bradburn Fentress" > wrote
> "Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote
>> Im definately longer in the torso (inside leg is about 33/34" max) and

> most
>> definately the most of my bulk is around the middle and my butt

> You may indeed have a headroom problem particularly with a sun roof.
> You'll
> fit, but I don't know that it will be with enough room to make you
> comfortable.

As I've mentioned a couple of times, I ordered my 330xi without sunroof
specifically so that I would have more headroom (besides, I can always
drive my wife's Boxster if I want air ;->) I'm 6'0", and noticed I have
only
about 1" room in my E34 525i. I have more like 3" in my 330xi, although
because the sides of the car slant in, the headrail is fairly close to my
head.

I'm also a big guy - 38" waist - but have no problem with the sport seats
in my 330xi; love them, actually. My butt is actually small compared
to my waist size...

Floyd

Old January 12th 05, 10:51 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

You might well be right, but at a dealership he could immediately try out a
5...

DAS
---

[...]>

Old January 13th 05, 12:00 AM
Bradburn Fentress

Well ****, why not get a 7L and eliminate all possibility of not fitting :^)

Old January 13th 05, 12:21 AM
Tom Korth

"Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote in message
> Im definately longer in the torso (inside leg is about 33/34" max) and
> most definately the most of my bulk is around the middle and my butt - as
> for my arms never really thought about it but I can drive my E39 with the
> seat all the way back and still reach the wheel with no problems!!

Another issue is the side bolsters on the sport seats which I find limiting
in my E46. If you can do with a 330i, you might find the standard seats to
be more comfortable than the sport package or M3 seats. Sounds like you
need to sit in a number of cars at the dealership!
Hope you find a BMW that works for you.

Tom

Old January 13th 05, 12:45 AM
Bradburn Fentress

"Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote in message
> as for my
> arms never really thought about it but I can drive my E39 with the seat

all
> the way back and still reach the wheel with no problems!!

I seen people with long legs, compared to their arms and torsos, who despite
telescoping the wheel out as far as it can go still need to move the seat
close for their arms and then suffer without enough room for their legs.

I'm like you...long in the torso...so my general problem is headroom. My e39
with the sunroof was not tight, but not as roomy as I would like either. Our
545 is really generous in that department, quite bit larger than the
540....at least in ways that feel evident. Who knows, maybe the actual
dimension differences aren't that great, but it feels quite a bit bigger.

Old January 13th 05, 12:53 AM
Somebody

"Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote in message
> Im definately longer in the torso (inside leg is about 33/34" max) and

most
> definately the most of my bulk is around the middle and my butt - as for

my
> arms never really thought about it but I can drive my E39 with the seat

all
> the way back and still reach the wheel with no problems!!
>
> > Is one long-legged or long in the
> > torso. Is one rather large around the middle or more sized in the
> > shoulders
> > and chest. Does one have gorilla arms or gator arms, etc.

I'm only 6'0 and average size, and I've had cars I didn't fit in well. It's
only embarassing if you let it be, cars are different to different people.
Granted it's probably pretty rare for the guys at the BMW dealership to see
it, but surely not unheard of. Any decent salesperson will be very careful
with treating you with respect, as well as suggesting either different
packages (non-M seats? No sunroof?) or a different (larger) car. If you've
got the money, they're crazy to be anything but perfectly sensitive to your
problem whatever that happens to be, weight included.

-Russ.

Old January 13th 05, 02:01 AM
Father Ted

"Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote in message
>I really wanna treat myself to a new M3, as a big guy, Im embarassed that I
>might not be able to fit into one so dont wanna go for a test drive in case
>it all goes horribly wrong lol
>
> Current car is an E39 which I can fit into etc no probs with the seat
> about half way back and the steering wheel in about mid position up and
> down and fully "out" - I am looking at an M3 Convertible but I am 6ft 5"
> (about 196cm), weigh about 170kg and have a 54" waist. Generally from
> experience as long as the car has a up/down and in/out adjustable steering
> column then I can manage no probs but the sports seats in the M3 are
> worrying me a little! Also they seem to have a lot of adjustments etc -
> will this help or hinder me? Do they have a "fat git" setting? )
>
> Can any bigger guys who have driven one let me know what its like comfort
> wise? Anyone got any thoughts on whether Im gonna have to call the fire
> service to get out of it once I get in? lol
>
> TIA
>
> Jay
> (remove spam trap to reply!!)

The answer is 'NO'.
You are a fat *******.
Try walking some of that flab off, and then come back and talk to us.

Old January 13th 05, 04:37 AM
nopcbs

You have obviously made an error. The original message was clearly aimed at
people reading this news group, not at the back end of a horse's alimentary
canal leaving you out of the intended audience.

- nopcbs

Old January 13th 05, 11:06 AM
Michael Scheer

Father Ted wrote:
> "Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote in message
>
>>I really wanna treat myself to a new M3, as a big guy, Im embarassed that I
>>might not be able to fit into one so dont wanna go for a test drive in case
>>it all goes horribly wrong lol
>>
>>Current car is an E39 which I can fit into etc no probs with the seat
>>about half way back and the steering wheel in about mid position up and
>>down and fully "out" - I am looking at an M3 Convertible but I am 6ft 5"
>>(about 196cm), weigh about 170kg and have a 54" waist. Generally from
>>experience as long as the car has a up/down and in/out adjustable steering
>>column then I can manage no probs but the sports seats in the M3 are
>>worrying me a little! Also they seem to have a lot of adjustments etc -
>>will this help or hinder me? Do they have a "fat git" setting? )
>>
>>Can any bigger guys who have driven one let me know what its like comfort
>>wise? Anyone got any thoughts on whether Im gonna have to call the fire
>>service to get out of it once I get in? lol
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Jay
>>(remove spam trap to reply!!)

> The answer is 'NO'.
> You are a fat *******.
> Try walking some of that flab off, and then come back and talk to us.

That's a little harsh, don't you think? It's the "wanna" and "gonna"
that ought to shame him.
Old January 13th 05, 02:36 PM
Ash

"Father Ted" > wrote in message

> The answer is 'NO'.
> You are a fat *******.
> Try walking some of that flab off, and then come back and talk to us.

Cannot believe someone could post something like that. Hanging my head in
shame for you father ted, unbelievable!