Sheriff Joe wrecks his car

Old May 5th 05, 11:49 PM
Bill 2

"K Smythe" > wrote in message

> The sheriff was lucky he hit the big rock. If Arpaio's car had
> traveled a few more feet, it would have ended up on busy East
> Palisades Boulevard.

And maybe if the cop weren't a moron it wouldn't have happened.

> <snip>
>
> The source said the deputies told bystanders not to take more
> photographs and confiscated onlookers' film.

A few weeks ago the cops tried to arrest a local newspaper photographer when
he was photographing an accident involving a police cruiser. When he tried
to take a photo of the officer involved they told him to erase his images,
he told them to pound sand. They tried to confiscate his equipment and
tossed him in the back of a cruiser, and wrote him up for some bull****
ticket. When the cops got on the horn with cop dispatch, they told the
power hungry cops to let him go, drop the charges, and they had no right to
try to seize his equipment.

The photographer was a distance away and was no where near interfering with
anything.

Of course this made front page news.

> The MCSO wouldn't respond to questions about this incident either.
>
> According to Deputy Bierwalter's report, which I obtained under the
> Arizona Public Records Law, Arpaio offered a vague explanation for the
> mayhem:
>
> "Mr. Arpaio said he had pulled into the parking lot of the Osco Drug
> store and was going to park his vehicle in a space on the north side
> of the parking lot when his vehicle would not stop."

He should try hitting the brakes instead of the accelerator.

> Did Arpaio's Crown Victoria -- the same model that is infamous for
> exploding in accidents --

Only because people rear end them at 75MPH when they are at the side of the
interstate.

Old May 6th 05, 12:38 AM
L Sternn

On 5 May 2005 12:13:35 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>This is the abu ghraib sheriff who's become infamous for torturing
>convicts in his jail. Looks like he was drunk driving but don't expect
>this criminal to go to jail.

I'm no fan of Joe Arpaio, but there is nothing so suggest he was
drunk.
Old May 6th 05, 01:50 AM
Harry K

K Smythe wrote:
> On 5 May 2005 12:07:48 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

> >> And old people and corrupt politicians too.

> >Your source isn't exactly objective when it comes to the beloved
> >sheriff.

> You noticed that too?
>
> I tried searching other news sources, but was unable to come up with
> anything.
>
> Sheriff Joe has a relative in high places at the AZ Republic

newspaper
> according to the same biased source.
>
> I didn't see or hear anything about the accident until I saw the
> article I provided the link for.

Considering how high profile Joe is, and the presses hunger for news I
suspect this is a bogus story. It sure hasn't shown up in any
reputable (reputable hell, in any except that one) source. At least
not that I have seen.

Harry K

Old May 6th 05, 02:25 AM
Paul

On Wed, 04 May 2005 10:45:02 -0700, K Smythe , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

> http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/issue...dougherty.html

<snip>

Poetic justice would be for Arpaio to be sentenced to do time in his own
tent city jail in July and have to wear pink underwear...
Old May 6th 05, 02:27 AM
Furious George

L Sternn wrote:
> On 5 May 2005 12:13:35 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> > wrote:
>
> >This is the abu ghraib sheriff who's become infamous for torturing
> >convicts in his jail. Looks like he was drunk driving but don't

expect
> >this criminal to go to jail.

> I'm no fan of Joe Arpaio, but there is nothing so suggest he was
> drunk.

And if there was evidence of Joe's drunkeness, Joe would have it
destroyed.

Old May 6th 05, 06:22 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> "K Smythe" > wrote in message
> > http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/issue...dougherty.html
> >
> > <snip>
> >

> > The source said the deputies told bystanders not to take more
> > photographs and confiscated onlookers' film.

> Isn't that an illegal search and seizure? Parking lots aren't security
> zones, and it isn't illegal to take pictures of an accident if you aren't
> impeding traffic.

Since when has something being illegal ever stopped a cop (pig) from doing
it??

Old May 6th 05, 06:29 AM
Cory Dunkle

*yawn* Stupid pigs driving recklessly, happens every day all day long so
they are bound to have an accident sooner or later. At least he didn't harm
or kill any bystanders in the process of his reckless driving and blatant
ignorance of both the alw and common sense.

<sarcastic pig impression> Oh, the car wouldn't stop when I hit the brake
pedal! Both the front _and_ rear hydraulic systems failed at the same
instant, and furthermore the emergency brake cable broke when I tried using
that! The strangest thing is that the throttle return spring broke at that
same instant too, and somehow the gas pedal got mashed to the floor and I
couldn't reach my foot underneath it to pull it up! Oh heavens dearest me,
the ignition switch also broke in the most peculiar way at that instant to,
and would not allow me to turn the engine off! The shifter and linkage also
broke at that same instant, and I could not shift the car into neutral or
reverse to stop it! There was nothing I could do to prevent this awful
accident!! </sarcastic pig impression>

Cory

Old May 6th 05, 06:42 AM
L Sternn

On Fri, 6 May 2005 01:29:07 -0400, "Cory Dunkle" >
wrote:

>*yawn* Stupid pigs driving recklessly, happens every day all day long so
>they are bound to have an accident sooner or later. At least he didn't harm
>or kill any bystanders

Which proves that this must have been an accident. It's a surprise to
find out that Dan Saban or someone else he doesn't like didn't just
happen to be in his path.

Old May 6th 05, 01:09 PM
Larry Bud

K Smythe wrote:
> On 5 May 2005 12:07:48 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

> >> And old people and corrupt politicians too.

> >Your source isn't exactly objective when it comes to the beloved
> >sheriff.

> You noticed that too?
>
> I tried searching other news sources, but was unable to come up with
> anything.
>
> Sheriff Joe has a relative in high places at the AZ Republic

newspaper
> according to the same biased source.
>
> I didn't see or hear anything about the accident until I saw the
> article I provided the link for.

I tried to look for the article in other sources and came up empty as
well. For someone as well known as Arpaio (I've heard of him for
years, and I'm in Michigan), seems like this would be a bigger story
than just one newspaper who obviously hates the guy.

Personally, I like the guy and his tactics/ideas.

Old May 6th 05, 02:20 PM
L Sternn

On 6 May 2005 05:09:11 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>K Smythe wrote:

>> >Your source isn't exactly objective when it comes to the beloved
>> >sheriff.

>> You noticed that too?
>>
>> I tried searching other news sources, but was unable to come up with
>> anything.
>>
>> Sheriff Joe has a relative in high places at the AZ Republic

>newspaper
>> according to the same biased source.
>>
>> I didn't see or hear anything about the accident until I saw the
>> article I provided the link for.

>I tried to look for the article in other sources and came up empty as
>well. For someone as well known as Arpaio (I've heard of him for
>years, and I'm in Michigan), seems like this would be a bigger story
>than just one newspaper who obviously hates the guy.

It was a minor accident with no injuries and the MSM media loves the
guy.

>Personally, I like the guy and his tactics/ideas.

Do you think leaking 30 year old false unbelievable charges of rape by
by his opponent during an election is a good tactic?

What about failing to hire people to staff new jail facilities that
cost taxpayers millions of dollars?