Widescreen supported simulators

Old March 11th 05, 12:16 PM
Leo Merikallio

Default Widescreen supported simulators

There has been little discussions about widescreen supported pc titles
lately so I decided to do a fresh post on this front (with all these
new wide lcd's in mind http://tinyurl.com/3qwck ).

Has anyone compiled any comprehensive list of sims natively (or
otwerwise well) supporting widescreen format?

Most importantly at the moment I would like to know whether RBR is
supported or not (even the fov setting so that the natural wide could
be tweaked by increasing the fov and strecthing the width)

Cheers,
LM
Old March 12th 05, 04:55 AM
Andre Queree \(Mr Q\)

I couldn't find a specific mention on RBR but here's a good place to start
looking/asking:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/

--
Andre
om...

Old March 12th 05, 02:22 PM
Scoob Droolins

Andre Queree (Mr Q) wrote:
> I couldn't find a specific mention on RBR but here's a good place to

start
> looking/asking:
> http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/
>
> --
> Andre
> "Leo Merikallio" > wrote in message
> om...
> > There has been little discussions about widescreen supported pc

titles
> > lately so I decided to do a fresh post on this front (with all

these
> > new wide lcd's in mind http://tinyurl.com/3qwck ).
> >
> > Has anyone compiled any comprehensive list of sims natively (or
> > otwerwise well) supporting widescreen format?
> >
> > Most importantly at the moment I would like to know whether RBR is
> > supported or not (even the fov setting so that the natural wide

could
> > be tweaked by increasing the fov and strecthing the width)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > LM

rFactor supports widescreen now (in the MP Test) and will, of course,
support it in the final release. We'll also be supporting other forms
of high tech geekery (multihead, SLI, etc) as we go.

joe
image space

Old March 12th 05, 04:16 PM
Mitch_A

Scoob Droolins wrote:

> rFactor supports widescreen now (in the MP Test) and will, of course,
> support it in the final release. We'll also be supporting other forms
> of high tech geekery (multihead, SLI, etc) as we go.
>
> joe
> image space

What about TrackIR support joe?

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 12th 05, 05:11 PM
Scoob Droolins

Yeah, the MP Test supports Track IR, so it's already in for the final
release. We'll likely update it to support the Vector Exp as well,
though not sure what we would do with 6 DOF incar (i'm sure we'll think
of something).

Old March 13th 05, 02:05 PM
Leo Merikallio

"Scoob Droolins" > wrote in message roups.com>...
> Yeah, the MP Test supports Track IR, so it's already in for the final
> release. We'll likely update it to support the Vector Exp as well,

6DOF support would be nice. Naturalpoint distributes well documented
SDK's for developers and advertises quite a lot on titles supporting
6DOF. So business wise it could be good for both companies.

Even without native 6DOF support theres a bunch of third party tools
to utilise the new axes to whatever mappable on the sim.

> though not sure what we would do with 6 DOF incar (i'm sure we'll think
> of something).

I think it would be the biggest work to do the incar cockpits '3d
enough' for 6DOF for the designed use in mind. Dont know if the work
would pay off since its still quite niche market. Would love it thou!
Old March 13th 05, 02:45 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Scoob Droolins" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yeah, the MP Test supports Track IR, so it's already in for the final
> release. We'll likely update it to support the Vector Exp as well,
> though not sure what we would do with 6 DOF incar (i'm sure we'll think
> of something).

You could use it to look around on the floor for that errant drink bottle
that's been flying 'round the cockpit for the last two laps! Or maybe check
the glove box to see it that's where your Pez dispenser went...

Old March 14th 05, 01:53 PM
Pez

Someone looking for me?

As for this "rFactor supports widescreen now (in the MP Test) and will, of
course,
support it in the final release. We'll also be supporting other forms
of high tech geekery (multihead, SLI, etc) as we go."

cant wait. Ive not tested the rfactor test with dual output yet, but GTR
supports my dual header 6800gt card. i ran a projector up against the side
of my monitor for a really wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide view. 2560x720,
http://www.porazinski.plus.com/wide.jpg Ultimate setup would be 2
projectors, so that the space between them isnt a problem.

pez