F1C and startautomatic: How is it working?

Old March 11th 05, 11:03 AM
Rolf Wesemann

Default F1C and startautomatic: How is it working?

I never used the startautomatic, but yesterday was the day, I wanted to try
it out. But I didn't find out, how it is working. In the german manual is
nothing about it. In some forums, I didn't find something.

What I did: I assigned a button from my wheel to startautomatic. Than, I
stopped at the startline, 1st gear in, pressed that button, pressed the
brake, full throttle, gave everything free, but start seemed normal as
whithout startautomatic.

Rolf

Old March 11th 05, 02:31 PM
Michi Hirczy

Hi, Rolf!

Rolf Wesemann wrote:
> What I did: I assigned a button from my wheel to startautomatic. Than, I
> stopped at the startline, 1st gear in, pressed that button, pressed the
> brake, full throttle, gave everything free, but start seemed normal as
> whithout startautomatic.

IIRC it's the following procedu
1) press the startautomatic button (and hold)
2) press gas pedal (should switch to 1st gear automatically)
3) when the lights go out, release the SA-button
- now you should start without losing grip..
4) after 1 or 2 seconds, shortly release the gas pedal, and press it
again - SA will be turned off now...

HTH
michi
www.f16simulator.net
Old March 11th 05, 03:57 PM
Rolf Wesemann

Thank you, that was it. The trick was not to put the gear in by myself!

Rolf