Magnum vs. mazda?!?!?!?!?!

Old December 10th 04, 09:55 PM
Luke Smith

Default Magnum vs. mazda?!?!?!?!?!

I would have to say the magnum is way better, much cooler and better
looking. Here is the blurb for those interested:

"Navigating the highway in my Mazda6 Sport Wagon this morning, I was
overtaken by an equally sporty Dodge Magnum wagon. The two are peas in
a pod, both extremely low-slung and aggressive-looking. The overall
impression is mobile pillbox, with the driver peering out through
gun-slit-like windows. Not that it's a bad thing. Both cars are, well,
cool."
http://fairfieldweekly.com/gbase/Lif...?oid=oid:93297

Old December 10th 04, 10:53 PM
CopperTop

I'm actually looking at both to replace an Intrepid in February. I like the
body style of both a great deal. May even look at the Malibu Maxx. Had one
as a rental a couple weeks ago and was impressed. You can tell the Maxx has
a much better suspension than previously (now shared with the Saab). I
suppose it will boil down to what kind of deal I get from the dealers.

ups.com...

Old December 10th 04, 10:53 PM
CopperTop

I'm actually looking at both to replace an Intrepid in February. I like the
body style of both a great deal. May even look at the Malibu Maxx. Had one
as a rental a couple weeks ago and was impressed. You can tell the Maxx has
a much better suspension than previously (now shared with the Saab). I
suppose it will boil down to what kind of deal I get from the dealers.

ups.com...

Old December 10th 04, 11:08 PM
Nate Nagel

Is it just me or are some of the names GM uses for its cars just
embarassing? I mean, come on. "Maxx?" "EXtreme?" who the hell did
they hire to pick these names out, anyway, MTV?

nate

(at least my "Daytona" has a history behind the name, even if it's
pretty farfetched. No, it's not a Chrysler product...)

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 10th 04, 11:08 PM
Nate Nagel

Old December 10th 04, 11:51 PM
Art

I test drove the Maxx some time ago. Nice car but check the rear roof
shade. If they haven't fixed the design by now then figure the sun will be
beaming on the passengers all the time. The catch for the shade was
pathetic. With all the nice design features, it is amazing that they let
the car out the door with the horrible shade mechanism.

nk.net...

Old December 10th 04, 11:51 PM
Art

I test drove the Maxx some time ago. Nice car but check the rear roof
shade. If they haven't fixed the design by now then figure the sun will be
beaming on the passengers all the time. The catch for the shade was
pathetic. With all the nice design features, it is amazing that they let
the car out the door with the horrible shade mechanism.

nk.net...

Old December 11th 04, 01:35 AM
James C. Reeves

I'd stay away from the Maxx, personally. But I bet you get the best price on
the Max (there is a reason for that, by the way...and you get what you pay for)

nk.net...

Old December 11th 04, 01:35 AM
James C. Reeves

I'd stay away from the Maxx, personally. But I bet you get the best price on
the Max (there is a reason for that, by the way...and you get what you pay for)

nk.net...

Old December 11th 04, 01:37 AM
James C. Reeves

GM has totally lost it's way. The board needs to clean it's management house.
They're off their nut! (Just my opinion from personal experience, naturally)
;-)

Magnum RT highway mileage Dan Dodge 30 November 4th 04 05:37 PM
Anyone buy/lease/drive a Magnum RT yet? Jeff Dodge 0 July 16th 04 02:58 AM
Dodge Magnum, seen one? GRL Dodge 3 April 14th 04 04:06 PM