05 CR-V and steering wheel audio remote

Old September 12th 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Heikki Virkkunen

Default 05 CR-V and steering wheel audio remote

I recently purchased a new CR-V and thought that I'd replace the factory
audio with new pioneer mp3-cd-player. I've been trying to figure out
what I must do to get steering wheel remote to work. At Pioneer Finland
I was told that there is no converter adapter from honda remote to
pioneer's one. At Honda I was told that CR-V, as well as Civic and
Accord have default pioneer-manufactured audio system factory installed.
I'm a bit confused here, how come there's a default pioneer audio
installed but no adapter from honda's controls to pioneer. Has any of
you replaced the factory audio with anything else that required remote
controls? What is to be expected if I try to do that?

--Heikki
Old September 12th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

---------------------------------------

It's always a hot topic at hondasuv.com

http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopi...highlight=ipod

SEARCH first, there's lots of answers waiting, even Euro ones.

'Curly'
Old September 12th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

I put an Eclipse 5495 in my '06. There is a wire (pin 3) in the bigger
connector at the back of the radio that carries the signal from the steering
wheel. The problem was that the Eclipse radio did not have a remote control
connection in its connectors, but it does support an IR remote. PAC makes
an adapter that taps into the steering wheel control wire and sends out IR
that the radio can detect. The local stereo shop did not know this. I
found it by sending an email to PAC support. They might have some similar
contrivance for the Pioneer. Email them at .

On 9/12/06 1:30 AM, in article
,