156 A-Pillar Water Imgress

Old December 18th 04, 03:05 PM
Neil G

Default 156 A-Pillar Water Imgress

Hi! Noticed to my slight horror yesterday the inside of the n/s
A-pillar was damp. Not sure if this has wicked up or bled in from
outside. Anyone had this?

Am I looking at replacing all the rubber seals?

Cheers

Neil
2001 156 Veloce
light tan trim on the pillar - thankfully not stained!
Old December 19th 04, 10:31 PM
Paul

Hi Neil,

Are you absolutly sure the rear door was not ajar?

I had this happen once in that last five years and 93K miles (V plate
156), and a rear passenger had not closed the rear n/s door correctly
(although it was close, as it locked). The rain was coming down in a
horiontal fashion and I thought nothing more of it, and it never did it
again.

Just traded in for a GT a few weeks ago, wondering how well the
pillarless door seals will be performing in 5 years on that ;-)

Also, you got a s/roof? checked the roof liner for marks? as there is a
drain to the rear corners of the s/roof that run to the back of the car,
could be leaking inside the pillar or something.

A word of warning on the a-pillar trim, there is a very strong cable tie
type fixing on top of a very week plastic tower that's quite easy to
break if you try to remove it, say fitting a CD player lead or
something... so unless you are sure its wet behind I would try to avoid
removing it.

Paul

Old December 19th 04, 10:32 PM
SteveH

Paul <"Paul at JavaJedi dot com"> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Are you absolutly sure the rear door was not ajar?
>
> I had this happen once in that last five years and 93K miles (V plate
> 156), and a rear passenger had not closed the rear n/s door correctly
> (although it was close, as it locked). The rain was coming down in a
> horiontal fashion and I thought nothing more of it, and it never did it
> again.
>
> Just traded in for a GT a few weeks ago, wondering how well the
> pillarless door seals will be performing in 5 years on that ;-)

If they've done as good a job of them as Subaru, you won't get any
problems.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old December 19th 04, 11:40 PM
Neil G

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:31:20 +0000, Paul <"Paul at JavaJedi dot com">
wrote:

>Hi Neil,
>
>Are you absolutly sure the rear door was not ajar?

-snip-

Points noted ta though I think you may be talking about the B or
C-pillar?

Just on a general note, the s/roof isn't exactlty watertight is it?

Neil
Old January 3rd 05, 05:46 PM
Zathras

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:05:12 +0000, Neil G > wrote:

>Hi! Noticed to my slight horror yesterday the inside of the n/s
>A-pillar was damp. Not sure if this has wicked up or bled in from
>outside. Anyone had this?

Did you get anywhere with this one Neil. I've got the same..but only
if the car is parked at a certain angle and in very heavy rain. I
suspect the sunroof. I've not investigated further just yet though.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)