2001 SL1-STARTS THEN STOPS NO GAUGES

Old February 24th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default 2001 SL1-STARTS THEN STOPS NO GAUGES

In the fall, after a major rainstorm, my car wouldn't start. The engine
would crank, turn over, and then die. After about a day of attempting,
I had it towed and when the car was let down at the service station, it
suddenly worked. The service station ran it for codes and couldn't
figure anything out. I took it home and it worked fine for a couple
months and then it happened again. I was able to get it to work by
pushing it up a driveway ramp in neutral. However, after I did that
the guages wouldn't work. After some time, things returned to normal.
It then happened again and the guages, after about a week, still
wouldn't work. I took it to a saturn dealer who replaced the battery
and cables which they told me were corroded and not giving full
voltage. Howver, it didn't fix the problem and they couldn't figure
out what else could be wrong. Any clues?

Old March 8th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

MY DASH GAUGES GO OUT-RESTART CAR THEY WORK