Rear wiper on a sedan?

Old October 23rd 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
E. Meyer[_2_]

Default Rear wiper on a sedan?

On 10/22/09 6:47 PM, in article ,
"Tegger" > wrote:

> "E. Meyer" > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 10/21/09 6:28 PM, in article ,
>> "Tegger" > wrote:
>>
>>> Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
>>>
>>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
>>>
>>> This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from
>>> where I work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I
>>> always wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.

>> Don't know about the rear wiper, but Nissan is finally selling the
>> Skyline in the US. Its called the GT-R, has 480 horsepower out of a
>> twin turbine V6 & costs about $85k US.
>>

> I think it's pretty safe to say the GT-R will be a "niche" vehicle.

The one I've seen in a Nissan dealership was fenced off with velvet rope so
that it could not be approached or, God forbid, touched by prospective
customers. I'm kinda surprised Nissan didn't market it as an Infiniti in
the US. They, at least, wouldn't be afraid of customers actually touching
the car.

Old October 23rd 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_4_]

Brian Smith wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>>
>> Please, do not drive near me.

> Why are you dangerous?

Kind of amusing... About the only use for an interior rear view mirror
is to spot the cop that's chasin' you or the clown about to rear end
you. In either case, there won't be much that you can do about it.

I agree, side view mirrors are far more valuable for pertinent information.

JT
Old October 24th 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Bob Jones

"Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote in message
> Brian Smith wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>>>
>>> Please, do not drive near me.

>> Why are you dangerous?
>>

> Kind of amusing... About the only use for an interior rear view mirror is
> to spot the cop that's chasin' you or the clown about to rear end you. In
> either case, there won't be much that you can do about it.
>
> I agree, side view mirrors are far more valuable for pertinent
> information.
>
> JT

I drive a coupe with rear wiper. It is quite useless.

Old October 24th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"E. Meyer" > wrote in
:

> On 10/22/09 6:47 PM, in article ,
> "Tegger" > wrote:
>
>> "E. Meyer" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> Don't know about the rear wiper, but Nissan is finally selling the
>>> Skyline in the US. Its called the GT-R, has 480 horsepower out of a
>>> twin turbine V6 & costs about $85k US.
>>>

>> I think it's pretty safe to say the GT-R will be a "niche" vehicle.

> The one I've seen in a Nissan dealership was fenced off with velvet
> rope so that it could not be approached or, God forbid, touched by
> prospective customers. I'm kinda surprised Nissan didn't market it as
> an Infiniti in the US. They, at least, wouldn't be afraid of
> customers actually touching the car.

The velvet rope might have been an image thing, I guess. Makes the car seem
that much more desirable. Forbidden fruit, y'know.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 24th 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Bob Jones" > wrote in
:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote in message
>> Brian Smith wrote:

>>> Why are you dangerous?
>>>

>> Kind of amusing... About the only use for an interior rear view
>> mirror is to spot the cop that's chasin' you or the clown about to
>> rear end you. In either case, there won't be much that you can do
>> about it.
>>
>> I agree, side view mirrors are far more valuable for pertinent
>> information.
>>
>> JT

> I drive a coupe with rear wiper. It is quite useless.

You must not live in an area where the rear window gets dew or rain on it.

When I drive my wife's Tercel (which is a sedan), I really miss the rear
view the Integra's rear wiper gives.

Old October 24th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Brian Smith

Tegger wrote:

> HE's not dangerous, he's implying that YOU are.

That is a falsehood.

> And if you're using your side-view mirrors as rear-view mirrors, then
> you've got them aimed wrongly.

There is nothing incorrect in the way in which I have my side mirrors
aimed. It only takes a bit of movement of my head to view everything
from curb to curb and to the rear in my mirrors. I have been driving
heavy trucks for decades and not one of them had a rear view mirror (or
window), no issues in any regards in those vehicles or smaller vehicles.

Old October 24th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Brian Smith

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> Kind of amusing... About the only use for an interior rear view mirror
> is to spot the cop that's chasin' you or the clown about to rear end
> you. In either case, there won't be much that you can do about it.

In both of those scenarios you mention, the side mirrors will show you
the vehicle approaching yours.

> I agree, side view mirrors are far more valuable for pertinent information.

They (when adjusted properly) give the driver 100% of the view behind
and to both sides of his vehicle.
Old October 24th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Stewart[_3_]

"Brian Smith" > wrote in message
> thomas wrote:
>>
>> Blimey - don't you drive ?

> I've been driving for almost forty years. I have never had a need to
> look out the rear window of any vehicle I have driven over the
> years. Side mirrors are far more accurate to use to keep track of
> what is going on around any vehicle.

I've been driving for 35 years, and I'll never say never.

Old October 24th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Brian Smith > wrote in
:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>>
>> Kind of amusing... About the only use for an interior rear view
>> mirror is to spot the cop that's chasin' you or the clown about to
>> rear end you. In either case, there won't be much that you can do
>> about it.

> In both of those scenarios you mention, the side mirrors will
> show you the vehicle approaching yours.
>
>> I agree, side view mirrors are far more valuable for pertinent
>> information.

> They (when adjusted properly) give the driver 100% of the view
> behind and to both sides of his vehicle.

Passenger-car side mirrors are /far/ too small to provide a proper all-over
view. Heavy-truck side-view mirrows are much larger.

For work I frequently travel with sufficient cargo as to be unable to see
out the rear window of my Integra. My right-side mirror is -- trust me on
this -- wholly inadequate for anything close to complete comprehension of
the surrounding traffic.

I find myself changing lanes on the highway a bit the way a transport
driver does: Signal first, then wait a bit so I'm pretty sure everybody
sees it. As the signal flashes, I bob and weave about in my seat, studying
in detail the view out my tiny right-side mirror. Nobody apparently there?
Signal still on, I /slowly/ begin my lane change, waiting for a horn honk.
No horn honk? Then it's probably safe. I continue moving over. I've been
pretty careful over the last 18 years; only one horn-honk.

Old October 24th 09, 12:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Brian Smith

Tegger wrote:

> Passenger-car side mirrors are /far/ too small to provide a proper all-over
> view. Heavy-truck side-view mirrows are much larger.

I disagree on the first part of this paragraph and agree with the
second portion.

> For work I frequently travel with sufficient cargo as to be unable to see
> out the rear window of my Integra. My right-side mirror is -- trust me on
> this -- wholly inadequate for anything close to complete comprehension of
> the surrounding traffic.

If you adjust your right side mirror properly, you will see that you
are able to see properly.

> I find myself changing lanes on the highway a bit the way a transport
> driver does: Signal first, then wait a bit so I'm pretty sure everybody
> sees it. As the signal flashes, I bob and weave about in my seat, studying
> in detail the view out my tiny right-side mirror. Nobody apparently there?
> Signal still on, I /slowly/ begin my lane change, waiting for a horn honk.
> No horn honk? Then it's probably safe. I continue moving over. I've been
> pretty careful over the last 18 years; only one horn-honk.

What you have described here is the proper (and legal) way to initiate
and safely complete a lane change. Congratulations, you are one a very
few drivers on the road that know how to do that one maneuver.

rear wiper sofi Honda 0 July 29th 06 03:33 PM
Rear wiper Carl Jeep 1 January 1st 06 06:08 PM
Rear Wiper Motor CaravanGuy Chrysler 5 May 14th 05 01:15 AM
rear wiper Tj99jeep Jeep 0 January 20th 05 04:24 AM
99 Explorer Rear Wiper Arm dblanton Ford Explorer 1 December 28th 04 02:29 PM