Question About Grille Cobra Emblem

Old March 25th 05, 12:54 AM
Steve Porter

Default Question About Grille Cobra Emblem

I'm sure someone has the answer to this question. I want to remove the
chrome Mustang emblem from the front grille on an 04 Cobra and replace it
with the aftermarket Cobra emblem. My question is what kind of tool is
required for the two screws holding the emblem in place? Also, if it is a
special tool, which it appears to be, where can I purchase one? Thanks for
any help you might be able to offer.
Steve

Old March 25th 05, 01:07 AM
SVTKate

Hey Steve,
The tool you should need is a torx-security type.
It's basically a torx driver, with a hole in the middle of it. Try your
local parts house.

Kate

Old March 25th 05, 02:06 AM
Steve Porter

SVTKate,
Thanks for your help. You were right on the money and the transfer has
already been accomplished. I do appreciate your quick response and expert
advise.
Thanks again,
Steve

ink.net...

Old March 25th 05, 01:21 PM
SVTKate

My Pleasure Steve

How do you like that Cobra?

Kate

"Steve Porter" > wrote in message
news | SVTKate,
| Thanks for your help. You were right on the money and the transfer has
| already been accomplished. I do appreciate your quick response and expert
| advise.
| Thanks again,
| Steve
|
| "SVTKate" > wrote in message
| ink.net...
| > Hey Steve,
| > The tool you should need is a torx-security type.
| > It's basically a torx driver, with a hole in the middle of it. Try your
| > local parts house.
| >
| > Kate
| >
| > "Steve Porter" > wrote in message
| > | I'm sure someone has the answer to this question. I want to remove
the
| > | chrome Mustang emblem from the front grille on an 04 Cobra and replace
| > it
| > | with the aftermarket Cobra emblem. My question is what kind of tool
is
| > | required for the two screws holding the emblem in place? Also, if it
is
| > | special tool, which it appears to be, where can I purchase one?
Thanks
| > for
| > | any help you might be able to offer.
| > | Steve
| > |
| > |

Old March 25th 05, 01:37 PM

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:07:45 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Hey Steve,
>The tool you should need is a torx-security type.
>It's basically a torx driver, with a hole in the middle of it. Try your
>local parts house.
>
>Kate
>
>"

lmfao
its called a tamper proof torx bit

kate the dishes are calling

hurc ast
Old March 25th 05, 03:16 PM
JS

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:07:45 GMT, "SVTKate"
> > wrote:
>
>>Hey Steve,
>>The tool you should need is a torx-security type.
>>It's basically a torx driver, with a hole in the middle of it. Try your
>>local parts house.
>>
>>Kate
>>
>>"

> lmfao
> its called a tamper proof torx bit
>
> kate the dishes are calling
>

> hurc ast

You're right on the tamper-proof Torx bit... but Mindy, I'm surprised you
took the time out of your own busy housework to learn such things.

JS

Old March 25th 05, 07:45 PM
SVTKate

Gosh JS, I never even would have seen that post if you hadn't replied to it.
I plonked her/him/it.

The important thing is that Steve understood what I was talking about, got
the right tool and got the job done.

Kate

Old March 26th 05, 12:07 AM

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:45:21 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Gosh JS, I never even would have seen that post if you hadn't replied to it.
>I plonked her/him/it.
>
>The important thing is that Steve understood what I was talking about, got
>the right tool and got the job done.
>
>Kate

lmfao
kate sez "a hammer fixes everything