2000 Explorer 5.0 V8 Factory Oil Spec?

Old December 14th 04, 02:01 AM
devnu11

Default 2000 Explorer 5.0 V8 Factory Oil Spec?

I am getting the above Explorer in a couple of days and wondered
what the owners manual recommended for engine oil.

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old December 14th 04, 02:05 AM
Searcher

5W30 @ 5qts PH8A Fram # Filter

Old December 14th 04, 04:53 AM
Jeff

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...00&vehCode=exp

Old December 14th 04, 03:10 PM
Fred W

Searcher wrote:
> 5W30 @ 5qts PH8A Fram # Filter

....except *please* don't put thoise orange oil filters on it (or
anything else for that matter). Use that number to cross reference to a
real oil filter, like a Purolator, Motorcraft or AC Delco

<http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html>

-Fred W
Old December 14th 04, 03:36 PM
Searcher

Personally, I use a K&N oil filter and synthetic 5W30. It's all that she's
ever known. The regular Fram filters I am unsure about but in the past (pre
K&N availability) I did however use the Fram extra guard, which I have never
had any complaints.

Searcher1
97 XLT with 86000 and still goin strong and lookin like it should be still
in the showroom.

Old December 18th 04, 12:28 AM
Ed Mann

Wix 51515

--
FWIW; AFAIK; IMHO; YMMV; yadda, yadda, yadda.

Regards, Ed Mann

"Fred W" > wrote in message
> Searcher wrote:
> > 5W30 @ 5qts PH8A Fram # Filter

> ...except *please* don't put thoise orange oil filters on it (or
> anything else for that matter). Use that number to cross reference to a
> real oil filter, like a Purolator, Motorcraft or AC Delco

<http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corve...dy/oilfilterst
udy.html>

Old December 19th 04, 12:22 AM
Jim Warman

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

Old December 20th 04, 02:38 AM
Big Shoe

Interesting work, what I get out of this is that oil filters change
all the time and my favorite brand may be made by different suppliers
at different times. I know from experience that companies are always
looking for lower cost alternate suppliers and frequently change
suppliers, so every part is likely to change over time.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:22:02 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Old January 16th 05, 01:19 AM
rcpasq

Gentlemen,

I've done some research to try and find a full length oil filter for the
5.0 V8 Explorer/Mountaineer '96-'01 to replace the .5 quart capacity
filter put on by the factory.

We worked closely with the area NAPA parts outlet and were able to review
specs for the correct face and metric threads required for these engines.
From this we were able to come up with a full length filter, NAPA PN 1087
or WIX PN 551087. This filter will give you a full 1 quart capacity and
add .5 quart extra to the engines available oil supply.

Bob Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering
Torque Monster Headers for 5.0 V8 Explorer
P.O. Box 22088
San Diego, CA 92192
Visit us at: "www.troquemonsterheaders.com"

Old January 16th 05, 05:18 AM
Kevin D

Would this also work with the 4.0 liter OHV V6?

lkaboutautos.com...