99 Explorer Sport Axel Ratio

Old November 28th 04, 12:11 AM
Steven L. Finberg

Default 99 Explorer Sport Axel Ratio

I'm trying to figger out the differential ratio
on my "new" 99 Sport.

I've been thru the owners manual a couple times
and can't find any cross from the door label.. Axel 42 to a ratio.

Under towing, 3.27, 3.55 3.73 and 4.10 are listed as possible
for this 2 door 4L SOHC 4x4 with auto trans.

The one web site which got closest listed many Explorer
axel codes but no 42.. :-(

Steve F

Steve Finberg W1GSL
PO Box 397082 MIT Br Cambridge MA 02139-7082 617 258 3754
Old November 28th 04, 02:32 AM
Jim Warman

According to the 1999 factory WSM, axle code 42 is 4:10 open (non-locking)
differential.