Tegger finally does his front bushings

Old October 9th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_5_]

Default Tegger finally does his front bushings

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
---snippy---

> There's a reason ALL garages rely on impact wrenches the way
> the human body relies on air and water.

I don't use one. They're for wimps. ;^)

Earle

Old October 9th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
speedy

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> Yep, I always do that with the axle nut on the tapered units on my
> Studebakers. My big project is split ball joint/tie rod boots on my '83
> Civic. Damned joints are in perfect condition too!
>
> JT

Hey grumpy,

Look around at the auto parts stores. I have found "generic" one to fit
my honda before I found out a good way to knock them apart without
touching the boot.

-Pete
Old October 10th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

speedy wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>
> > Yep, I always do that with the axle nut on the tapered units on my
> > Studebakers. My big project is split ball joint/tie rod boots on my '83
> > Civic. Damned joints are in perfect condition too!
> >
> > JT

> Hey grumpy,
>
> Look around at the auto parts stores. I have found "generic" one to fit
> my honda before I found out a good way to knock them apart without
> touching the boot.
>
> -Pete

Thanks Pete.

My boots are split simply from age as they are the originals that came
with the car in '83. The car sat in the hot TX sun from about '92
through early this year without running. Now, I want to wrap up all the
"loose" ends.

JT
Old October 10th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

This is what I got from Princess Auto. $11.99.

http://tinyurl.com/j8u42

Hasn't let me down yet. Very minimal effort. Works great on Ball Joints and
Tie Rod Ends and doesn't destroy the boot like my old pickle fork did.

Thanks for all the info Tegger!

Terry in Winnipeg.

:

Old October 13th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"loewent via CarKB.com" <u10197@uwe> wrote in news:678963388c7aa@uwe:

> This is what I got from Princess Auto. $11.99.

I gotta go in there one day...

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 13th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

Well they are expanding, but I have the advantage cuz the company started up
in Winnipeg....

They have really good crazy sales on tools and special tools, surplus etc....
Also they offer lifetime warranty on their 'Powerfist' tools. Not a
craftsman, but about 1/3 the price, and still warrantied. If its not a
safety issue, I usually buy these ones.

Old October 14th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"loewent via CarKB.com" <u10197@uwe> wrote in news:67b41564b320d@uwe:

> Well they are expanding, but I have the advantage cuz the company
> started up in Winnipeg....

My sainted mama grew up in Winnipeg (1930s West Kildonan). But that
doesn't help me here. The closest Princess Auto in Ontario is a
pack-a-lunch drive from me these days.

Y'know, I've never seen land as FLAT as that surrounding Winnipeg.
FLAT FLAT FLAT. Pancake flat. Literally.

You can watch a 200-car freight train go from horizon to horizon, with
nothing to block your view. Ever. It doesn't ever dive behind anything,
it just gets smaller and smaller unitl it disappears in the distance
mirage. Amazing. FLAT, I tell you. FLAT.

> They have really good crazy sales on tools and special tools, surplus
> etc.... Also they offer lifetime warranty on their 'Powerfist'

"Powerfist"? Could they have not come up with a less melodramatic name?
Sounds like something out of a Japanese Manga comic.

Old October 14th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Milleron

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 02:00:12 +0000 (UTC), "TeGGeR®"
> wrote:

>"loewent via CarKB.com" <u10197@uwe> wrote in news:67b41564b320d@uwe:
>
>> Well they are expanding, but I have the advantage cuz the company
>> started up in Winnipeg....

>My sainted mama grew up in Winnipeg (1930s West Kildonan). But that
>doesn't help me here. The closest Princess Auto in Ontario is a
>pack-a-lunch drive from me these days.
>
>Y'know, I've never seen land as FLAT as that surrounding Winnipeg.
>FLAT FLAT FLAT. Pancake flat. Literally.

Some college students recently measured the variance in the flatness
of a pancake and compared it to the terrain of Kansas. Their results,
published in the Annals of Improbable Results (a real journal), proved
that Kansas is actually FLATTER than an IHOP pancake (but I'm not sure
they found the flattest pancake for their study).
http://tinyurl.com/y5zauw

>You can watch a 200-car freight train go from horizon to horizon, with
>nothing to block your view. Ever. It doesn't ever dive behind anything,
>it just gets smaller and smaller unitl it disappears in the distance
>mirage. Amazing. FLAT, I tell you. FLAT.
>

>> They have really good crazy sales on tools and special tools, surplus
>> etc.... Also they offer lifetime warranty on their 'Powerfist'

>"Powerfist"? Could they have not come up with a less melodramatic name?
>Sounds like something out of a Japanese Manga comic.

Ron