Accord 2001 vibrations above 50-60 mph

Old October 16th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Accord 2001 vibrations above 50-60 mph

Greetings,

I recently noticed in my Accord 2001 vibrations that occur (or
noticeable?) only when I go above certain speed (obviously in the
highway). It would be safe to say that it occurs above 60 mph.

I don't remember having this kind of noise before. I bought the car new
in summer 2001 and I have been servicing it according recommendation by
the car dealership I bought it from. I also change tires twice a year
(all season to snow and back).

Since I would like to be better informed when approaching my car
serviceman, I would appreciate it if you could tell me what could be
probable causes of such vibrations. Visually inspecting the tires, I
don't notice anything special. However, I don't know whether to rule
out sloppy tightening of lug nuts, etc. Is this kind of vibration a
know problem in Honda Accords?

Thanks!
Sam

Old October 16th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
safetyo

Tire pressure, then tire balance should get you on the right path.

ps.com...

Old October 17th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

ClubPlug.net - Your Source for NGK & DENSO Spark Plugs! wrote:
> 'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I recently noticed in my Accord 2001 vibrations that occur (or
>>> noticeable?) only when I go above certain speed (obviously in the
>>> highway). . . . . . . . . .However, I don't know whether to rule
>>> out sloppy tightening of lug nuts, etc. Is this kind of vibration a
>>> know problem in Honda Accords?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Sam

>> Loose lug nuts would go clunkata-knunkata-klunkata as you slowed to a
>> stop. If you're unsure, for the sake of your safety and everybody else,
>> get out the lug wrench and check them ! !
>>
>> Is sounds like your tires aren't being ROTATED each time they go back
>> onto the car. Read the owner's manual if you don't know what that means.
>>
>> 'Curly'

> Hi
>
> It may also be something to do with the suspension.
>
> Frank

www.NGKPartFinder.com

reality check here guys - you're both right, but both suggestions are
drastic and somewhat out of the ordinary. what's really boringly
ordinary, overlooked, and /much/ more common is a missing weight and the
need for a re-balance.