Richard Burns Rally: PC vs PS2

Old March 3rd 05, 10:31 AM
Matti Kurki

Default Richard Burns Rally: PC vs PS2

Hi!

I haven't been able to decide which way to go with RBR, PC or PS2.
Actually, it depends if my laptop is powerful enough. I know there are
so much more possibilities with PC version, but I'm not sure if the
system is good enouhg.

Intel Pentium M 1600
RAM 512
Ati Mobility Radeon 9600
MS Win XP
Logitech Driving Force Pro

I was hoping to get some comments if the system above is ok with RBR,
or should I just go and get the PS2 version and forget the patches,
car skins and all other downloads available to PC users?

Thank you for your time and effort in advance.
Matti
Old March 3rd 05, 12:22 PM
Stephen F.

"Matti Kurki" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I haven't been able to decide which way to go with RBR, PC or PS2.
> Actually, it depends if my laptop is powerful enough. I know there are
> so much more possibilities with PC version, but I'm not sure if the
> system is good enouhg.
>
> Intel Pentium M 1600
> RAM 512
> Ati Mobility Radeon 9600
> MS Win XP
> Logitech Driving Force Pro
>
> I was hoping to get some comments if the system above is ok with RBR,
> or should I just go and get the PS2 version and forget the patches,
> car skins and all other downloads available to PC users?
>
> Thank you for your time and effort in advance.
> Matti

I have basically the same laptop specs. It will run with decent framerates
in 800x600 (about 25+ fps in high detail, 35+ fps in low detail: both look
fine) but it is crucial to install the latest Omega drivers which are based
on ATI's Catalyst 5.1. If not, you'll have horrible flashing scenery which
renders it unplayable. You can get the video drivers at:

http://www.chip.de/downloads/c_downloads_12358677.html

(the Omega site seems to be down).

Why not download the excellent free demo and see for yourself if it is
satisfactory?

Stephen

Old March 4th 05, 06:12 AM
Matti Kurki

"Stephen F." > wrote in message >...

> I have basically the same laptop specs. It will run with decent framerates
> in 800x600 (about 25+ fps in high detail, 35+ fps in low detail: both look
> fine) but it is crucial to install the latest Omega drivers which are based
> on ATI's Catalyst 5.1. If not, you'll have horrible flashing scenery which
> renders it unplayable. You can get the video drivers at:
>
> http://www.chip.de/downloads/c_downloads_12358677.html
>
> (the Omega site seems to be down).
>
> Why not download the excellent free demo and see for yourself if it is
> satisfactory?
>
> Stephen

Stephen

Thank you very much for the information and the driver link. As a
matter of fact, I have already downloaded the demo but I haven't tried
it yet.

Matti