OK Seriously : Are there any Additives that yawl like

Old June 30th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
disston

Default OK Seriously : Are there any Additives that yawl like

> >Have you ever tried Marvel Mystery Oil? I tried it out many years ago.I
> >couldn't tell whether it made any difference or not.

> For what? *The Marvel folks promote it as doing everything mixed with all
> fluids. *They suggest mixing it with oil, gas, probably with gin and scotch
> too.
>
> I'll say that it's a handy solvent for removing varnish and gunk.... soak a
> rag with it and do some cleanup while you have the valve covers off...
> --scott

I've added to engine a few hundred before oil change. I think it
cleans, dilutes the old heavy oil and I can't see it work but I think
it works. Better than an "engine cleaner" maybe because those product
get out too much stuff and your engine oil will be dirty for 2-3 oil
changes. I've used on motorcycle trannies that tend to get
contanminated by water. Does a good job of absorbing water. Used to
lube my air tools. And it smells good too.

disston
Old June 30th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

The reason it is called Marvel Mystery Oil is because it is still a
Mystery what is in Marvel Mystery Oil. www.marvelmysteryoil.com
cuhulin

Old July 2nd 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Jun 25, 1:28*am, "Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the
Midwest for long time " > wrote:
> For the oil and / or the gas tank ? *Thanks in advance..

Gasoline and engine oil are really very complex formulations developed
by large companies by highly trained technical staff. I have yet to
see the product from a third party company that provides a measurable
improvement. At best those magic elixirs do no harm.
Old July 2nd 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Grey-hound

ditto on seafoam! Works especially well on my 18hp riding mower when it
starts acting rough. I was almost going to rebuild
the carb but I ran a tank full of this in it (diluted of coarse) and it
idled like new. I have to do this about once a year. I also put a
can a year in a tank full of gas in my 300zx with 260K miles on it.
Greyhound, Tampa, FL

Old July 2nd 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

wrote in article
> The reason it is called Marvel Mystery Oil is because it is still a
> Mystery what is in Marvel Mystery Oil.
www.marvelmysteryoil.com
> cuhulin

Automatic Transmission Fluid and Oil of Wintergreen................no
mystery.

motor oil additives [email protected] Technology 2 March 10th 06 03:37 AM
AWA [OFFER] Lubricant Additives:Antiwear Additives 308B ,Thioglycollic Acid TGA [email protected] General 0 January 11th 06 01:51 PM
AWA [OFFER] Lubricating oil Additives:304 Ep Antiwear Additives [email protected] General 0 January 11th 06 12:01 PM
additives? griffin Jeep 7 December 3rd 04 11:08 AM
poll: additives? L.W.(ßill) Hughes III Jeep 11 December 2nd 04 12:54 AM