Thinking of buying a 2.0 / 16v - opinions?

Old August 16th 06, 10:16 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Cap'n

Default Thinking of buying a 2.0 / 16v - opinions?

Hi

I'm thinking of buying this:

"1995 AUDI COUPE 2.0 16V 3dr Coupe
121,500 miles, LOWERED PRICE FOR QUICK SALE Purple 1995 M Reg Audi
Coupe. This is the 2.0 Litre 16 Valve version of the car and has done a
genuine 121,500 miles. Tax - Oct 06, MOT Mar 07. The car comes with
Audi Service History to 80,000 Miles. I have all the receipts for work
done on the car since I took ownership back in April 2003, almost
£2000 worth including new tyres, new power steering motor, new timing
belt, new front suspension, new brake pads and discs. The car is
completely standard except for a Stainless Steel exhaust that I had put
on the car back in the Summer of 2003, this cost over £600. It comes
with the Standard Audi Alarm/Immobiliser and a further gear stick lock
added by a previous owner. I have had a Nokia CK-1W Bluetooth Car Kit
fitted to the car, which I am including in the sale. The car has
Electric Windows, Steel Sunroof and Mirrors. There are a couple of
small marks and a small scuff on the rear bumper but considering that
the car is 11 years old the bodywork is really in great condition. The
interior of the car is a cloth dark grey and black colour and is in
really good condition. The standard stearing wheel has also been
replaced (I believe when the car was first purchased) with an Audi
leather steering wheel. The car looks and sounds amazing. It is a real
pleasure to drive and is pretty fast. I will be very sorry to part with
this car, it has been well loved."

Guy wants £1100 or so. I just love the look/style of the car, and from
the reports I've read, although it's not super-sporty, it should be
good enough for me.

Any thoughts?

Cheers ... Mark.

96 Astro/Safari - any good? Opinions Please! NewMan[_1_] Technology 6 July 11th 06 06:19 PM
If you are thinking of buying a BMW read this bmoag BMW 43 May 18th 06 04:36 AM
Thinking on buying Snow Ford Explorer 3 April 26th 06 04:08 PM
advice on car buying G General 9 April 14th 05 07:06 PM
Opinions Wanted: 66 Exhaust Setup Scott Ford Mustang 2 March 11th 05 12:36 AM