Need this in the USA.

Old March 7th 05, 06:59 PM
Brent P

Default Need this in the USA.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\

600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.

The police department last month tested 4,475 officers on their knowledge
of traffic law, and almost one in seven failed to show adequate
knowledge, said Maj. Gen. Montree Jamroon, a deputy commander of the
Metropolitan Police Bureau.

<...>

Bangkok drivers have long complained about the seemingly arbitrary
enforcement of traffic laws.

Old March 7th 05, 08:59 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Brent P wrote:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\

> 600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>
> BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital

> have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
> failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.
>
> The police department last month tested 4,475 officers on their

knowledge
> of traffic law, and almost one in seven failed to show adequate
> knowledge, said Maj. Gen. Montree Jamroon, a deputy commander of the
> Metropolitan Police Bureau.
>
> <...>
>
> Bangkok drivers have long complained about the seemingly arbitrary
> enforcement of traffic laws.

You don't want traffic cops??? You are the ultimate criminal coddler.

Old March 7th 05, 09:21 PM

Can you ever say anything that doesn't make you look like the ultimate
retard?

Old March 7th 05, 09:52 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 3/7/2005 12:59 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>
>>The police department last month tested 4,475 officers on their knowledge
>>of traffic law, and almost one in seven failed to show adequate
>>knowledge,

> You don't want traffic cops???

Not inept and/or ignorant ones.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old March 7th 05, 09:57 PM
Dave C.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\

> 600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>
> BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
> have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
> failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.

We definitely need that here in the USA. A couple of years ago, I had a
speeding ticket tossed by a judge as the police officer (not a rookie, btw)
who wrote it was unfamiliar with the law he accused me of breaking.
Basically, I broke no law at all, but got a speeding ticket anyway. -Dave

Old March 7th 05, 10:22 PM
jaybird

"Brent P" > wrote in message

> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\
>
> 600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>
> BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
> have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
> failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.
>
> The police department last month tested 4,475 officers on their knowledge
> of traffic law, and almost one in seven failed to show adequate
> knowledge, said Maj. Gen. Montree Jamroon, a deputy commander of the
> Metropolitan Police Bureau.

I agree. I think all offenses need to be learned and enforced, not just
speeding.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 7th 05, 10:45 PM
Brent P

In article >, jaybird wrote:

> "Brent P" > wrote in message
>>
>> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\
>>
>> 600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>>
>> BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
>> have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
>> failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.
>>
>> The police department last month tested 4,475 officers on their knowledge
>> of traffic law, and almost one in seven failed to show adequate
>> knowledge, said Maj. Gen. Montree Jamroon, a deputy commander of the
>> Metropolitan Police Bureau.

> I agree. I think all offenses need to be learned and enforced, not just
> speeding.

Trouble is, most officers go by their own made up idea of the vehicle
code. Just like the average driver in this country.

Old March 7th 05, 11:11 PM
jaybird

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article >, jaybird wrote:
>>
>> "Brent P" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\
>>>
>>> 600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>>>
>>> BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
>>> have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
>>> failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.
>>>
>>> The police department last month tested 4,475 officers on their
>>> knowledge
>>> of traffic law, and almost one in seven failed to show adequate
>>> knowledge, said Maj. Gen. Montree Jamroon, a deputy commander of the
>>> Metropolitan Police Bureau.

>> I agree. I think all offenses need to be learned and enforced, not just
>> speeding.

> Trouble is, most officers go by their own made up idea of the vehicle
> code. Just like the average driver in this country.

Not most.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 7th 05, 11:16 PM
Cartlon Shew

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:59:45 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\

>600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>
>BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
>have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
>failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.

So they lost their "right" (?) to issue tickets, but it doesn't say
anything about them losing their right/privilege (whatever it is) to
drive?

Old March 8th 05, 03:34 AM
Allen Seth Dunn

"Dave C." > wrote in message
nk.net...

> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...PLATE=DEFAULT\
>>
>> 600 Thai Cops Fail Traffic Law Test
>>
>> BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- More than 600 policemen in the Thai capital
>> have temporarily lost the right to issue tickets to motorists after
>> failing a test on traffic law, a senior police officer said Monday.

> We definitely need that here in the USA. A couple of years ago, I had a
> speeding ticket tossed by a judge as the police officer (not a rookie,
> btw)
> who wrote it was unfamiliar with the law he accused me of breaking.
> Basically, I broke no law at all, but got a speeding ticket anyway. -Dave

That makes me recall something I read in the newspaper a couple of years
back. In the Washington Post's Dr. Gridlock column, a man wrote a letter
saying that he had gotten a ticket because the officer insisted that it was
illegal to make a left turn on red from one one-way street to another
one-way street unless there was a sign permitting it (quite the opposite is
true in 99% of places, including the place where the accused infraction took
place). So basically, since he also gave Dr. Gridlock (Ron Shafer) enough
information, so Dr. Gridlock called the police force who gave him the
ticket, talked to the chief, and basically was told that it would be taken
care of and the man wouldn't be charged.