What kind of trade in value could I expect for my car?

Old December 31st 04, 10:01 PM
The Billy

Default What kind of trade in value could I expect for my car?

OK, in the spring when the 05 verts come out, I want one. So, my
question is, what kind of trade in could I expect to get for my
current car?

I have an '04 GT vert. As of now, 8,000 miles on it (expect say
10-11,000 at time of trade in. It has the Mach 1000, and an auto
trans. It is in excellent condition.

According to kbb.com, it says to expect 18,225 for it. Others have
told me that the dealers would probably give less than that.

What should I reasonably expect to get? I am going to buy the new car
from the same dealer if that would help me any.

Thanks
Old December 31st 04, 10:19 PM

Depends on dealer

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old January 1st 05, 12:08 AM
Jim Warman

It really doesn't matter what KBB says.... any dealer can fudge the numbers
six ways from Sunday. They WILL make a profit and that profit will allow
them to stay in business. The first year of ownership bears the highest
depreciation..... you WILL take a ****-kickin'.

If you deal with the salesperson that sold you the 04, you might have a
sympathetic ear to help a little.

Personally, I think the little head is doing all the thinking for the big
one - as Smokey once said "when the monkey took a whiz in the cash
register..... the shopkeeper said "This is going to run into some money"".
With a private sale, you may lose convenience but the financial gain is
usually substantial....

Old January 1st 05, 01:11 AM
Claud Spinks

Jim Warman wrote:

> as Smokey once said "when the monkey took a whiz in the cash
> register..... the shopkeeper said "This is going to run into some money"".

Never heard that one before. It's a keeper.

Claud