97 V8 Timimg Chain Change ?

Old December 2nd 04, 07:25 PM
Gerald Riggs

Default 97 V8 Timimg Chain Change ?

Hello Folks,
My 97 EB with 5.0L V8 AWD has about 112k miles and running strong. Is it
about time to be replacing the Timing Chain. I did that with my 88 F250 5.8L
at about the same miles, and it was a good idea. It is still running strong
now with 150k miles. Suggestions? What else to replace b4 problems arise?
Thanks- Gerald

Old December 3rd 04, 01:16 PM
MikePier

"Gerald Riggs" > wrote in message >...
> Hello Folks,
> My 97 EB with 5.0L V8 AWD has about 112k miles and running strong. Is it
> about time to be replacing the Timing Chain. I did that with my 88 F250 5.8L
> at about the same miles, and it was a good idea. It is still running strong
> now with 150k miles. Suggestions? What else to replace b4 problems arise?
> Thanks- Gerald

You shouldn't have to. The chains are likely to outlast the engine.
Only timing belts need periodic changing, but not chains unless you
have a problem.

3.3L V6 - What if I ignore timing chain rattle? [email protected] Chrysler 14 February 4th 05 05:58 PM
Tire change for 2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4cyl. grandma Honda 3 December 22nd 04 02:15 PM
BMW-525I - oil change frequency AGIND BMW 29 December 19th 04 03:11 PM
Oil change John Sloan Saturn 11 June 22nd 04 01:51 PM
THIS ADD CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE jaman General 0 May 30th 04 07:05 PM