'02 Impala... how do I...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 21st 05, 08:19 PM
shawnews.pk.shawcable.net

Daytime running lights use the high beam but not at full power. It's not
going to blind anyone.

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Steve wrote:
> > Daytime Running Light De-activation is not reversible. Don't know why

you
> > would want to disable a safety feature. If you want to idle with the

lights
> > off you can press down slightly on the Park brake before starting the
> > engine...

> Because they use the high beams and therefore are rude and glaring to
> other motorists, defeating the idea of a "safety" feature. It's nice
> to let other traffic know I'm there; it's not so nice to blind them.
>

> > As for the auto locks, they can be programmed on the radio. You need the
> > owner's manual. This vehicle is also designed to inhibit the doors from
> > locking if the key is in the ignition. Prevents you from locking the

keys in
> > while you run into 7-11 for a coffee and leave the engine running.

> well... they don't work that way :/
>

> > The radio will stay on for twenty minutes after shutting off the engine

as a
> > courtesy. As soon as you open the door the radio stops...
> >

> Ah, I see... never tried leaving it on.
>
> > 95 degrees for AC is about the maximum design depending on the wet bulb
> > temperature. Obviously the AC works harder in humid climates of 95

degrees
> > in Chicago, New York or other coastal cities as opposed to the dry

Arizona
> > climate.
> >

> Well... I'm in DC... does that mean that I need to hope it doesn't get
> any hotter?
>
> nate
>
> > "N8N" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > 1) Disable DRL's
> > > 2) Disable auto headlights
> > > 3) get the radio to turn off and on with the key
> > >
> > > also, are there any differences in any of the above procedures between
> > > '02 and newer versions? (I'm driving an '02 for now because my new
> > > company car is taking longer than expected to arrive.)
> > >
> > > Since this is a leased vehicle, all mods must be easily reversible.
> > >
> > > thanks!
> > >
> > > nate
> > >
> > > PS - more annoying stuff I don't like about the car...
> > >
> > > 1) unlike EVERY other car I've ever owned, the doors don't unlock when
> > > you close them, if you accidentally hit the lock button the doors are
> > > LOCKED. (yeah, I found that out the hard way, after having it for
> > > maybe 6 hours. Haven't locked myself out of a car in... well, ever I
> > > think.)
> > > 2) Who thought it was a good idea to put a 3400 under the hood of a
> > > full-sized sedan?
> > > 3) A/C is wimpy. I hope that that is a symptom of age/abuse and not
> > > reflective of how it's designed. It was about 95 out today and I had
> > > to keep the fan on '5' to be reasonably comfortable - I would have
> > > preferred it cooler in the car.
> > > 4) Glovebox is laughably small. (and did not contain owner's manual,
> > > but that's not the car's fault. Unless the manual is too big for the
> > > glovebox...)

What to get... 2005 Chev Impala or Pontiac Grand Prix ??? jetsguy Technology 13 March 18th 05 05:23 AM
ALIGNMENT ?? - 2003 Impala 3.4V6 ChrisCoaster Technology 6 March 6th 05 04:16 AM
Dumb Question on 69 Impala Don Antique cars 2 August 25th 04 10:13 AM
1973 Chevy Impala Josh Antique cars 1 April 10th 04 08:48 PM
64 impala pictures Jason Antique cars 0 December 29th 03 03:04 AM