Transmission Cable 2001 300m

Old June 11th 05, 08:04 PM
Tommo

Default Transmission Cable 2001 300m

I just had the dealer replace the ransmission cable on my wife's 2001 300M.
It has 88K highway miles and that defect cost me $340. I have a 100K
extended warranty but this part is not covered (of course). Does anyone out
there now if this is a common problem with 300m's or Chrysler's in general?

Tom

Old June 11th 05, 09:52 PM
maxpower

"Tommo" > wrote in message
om...
> I just had the dealer replace the ransmission cable on my wife's 2001

300M.
> It has 88K highway miles and that defect cost me $340. I have a 100K
> extended warranty but this part is not covered (of course). Does anyone

out
> there now if this is a common problem with 300m's or Chrysler's in

general?

> Tom

Tom, I have not had to replace one nor have I seen anyone else in the shop
replace one. I just checked and there aren't any TSB's out on this issue
either.
Is this an added care Chrysler Service Contract or an after market Service
Contract?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 12th 05, 04:04 AM
tim bur

i have done 3 in the last six months

Old June 12th 05, 01:53 PM
Bill Putney

Tommo wrote:
> I just had the dealer replace the ransmission cable on my wife's 2001 300M.
> It has 88K highway miles and that defect cost me $340. I have a 100K
> extended warranty but this part is not covered (of course). Does anyone out
> there now if this is a common problem with 300m's or Chrysler's in general?

Yes - it was a fairly common problem on earlier year 2nd gen. LH's,
though I haven't had the problem on my '99 Concorde - used to see posts
on www.dodgeintrepid.com and the 300M Club forums about the problem.
However, no recalls or TSB's on the problem. There was a recall on
ignition and shift interlocks, but that's not the same thing.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')