HELP,,electrical nightmare 90YJ 2.5

Old March 6th 05, 12:51 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

i just got back from the JEEP dealer,
85 bucks an hr to "try" and figure it out,
i dont have that type of cash my wife would burn the jeep. then me.

Old March 6th 05, 01:06 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It kind of sounds like you're using a continuity tester, that'll
ping just going through my body from my right hand to left. Use
something that must burn a bulb in it. And a volt meter that will tell
you if your ignition switch is powering the Sator.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 05, 01:45 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

It kind of sounds like you're using a continuity tester, that'll
ping just going through my body from my right hand to left. Use
something that must burn a bulb in it. And a volt meter that will tell
you if your ignition switch is powering the Sator.
God Bless America, =DFill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Bill your right,
here goes again,
batt-neg--to relay post,,12.7V
batt-neg--to alt post 12.6V
Batt neg--to red wire on ALT plug 12.6V
Batt pos--to brn wire on Alt plug 12.6V

ignition key in the off position.

johnp

Old March 6th 05, 01:46 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

you if your ignition switch is powering the Sator.
God Bless America, =DFill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes

Bill, sorry for my ignorance,
Whats a SATOR ??

johnp

Old March 6th 05, 02:31 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Stator, I miss spelled again. It's the part in an alternator we
charge to make the alternator generate electricity. located on what we
would have called an armature, but now has changed positions with the
field, that was a part of the housing of an old generator. The line
charging it is switched at from ignition switch, so naturally it's only
hot with ignition, on.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 05, 02:35 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

O.K. so is that the other wire on the plug going into the
alternator(brown)
how do i test it?
,
johnp

Old March 6th 05, 02:51 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Disconnect that brown wire and see if it is cold until the ignition
is switched on then it should battery voltage.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 05, 03:08 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Bill,
key off, no juice through brown wire going to alternator plug,
key-ON 12.5V going through wire,

,
help,,,,,,,,,

johnp

Old March 6th 05, 03:17 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Then if the alternator's good there will at least fourteen volts
coming out it's battery connection, while idling.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 05, 04:11 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

before starting checked batt, 12V
unhooked red cable on back of altinator,
placed meter on post on back side of altinator,
other line on pos of batt, 11.8V,
started jeep,
numbers moved down to 4.0 then jumped moving up to 20.0 vots, as we
brought idle up to 2500rpm,
back down to idle, meter read 11.5V
,
johnp

Chilton for 90YJ Dirty Ditch Dawg Jeep 3 February 19th 05 07:57 PM
active speakers nightmare - help !!! Robert K VW water cooled 4 December 30th 04 06:09 PM
90YJ water temp Gauge [email protected] Jeep 0 December 26th 04 05:44 AM
Bukb replacement - 2002 A4 - nightmare! Jimbo Audi 2 December 5th 04 10:30 PM
Gray market E36 diesel -- good buy or orphan nightmare? Matt O'Toole BMW 5 November 3rd 04 09:14 PM