A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » rec.aquaria.freshwater » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

moving pl*co??



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 10th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

I was thinking about moving my Pl*co...at some point in the future he will
go to the 120g but not yet, he is in a 39 high right now w/ gourami's 1
adult 3 spotted, and 2 baby three spotted....I was thinking about moving him
to my female betta tank because it is 40 long instead of high..but I don't
know if they would get along or not..
he does still have plenty of room where he is at, but if the environment
would make no difference I would rather put him in the betta tank because
there are more places for him to hang out, a bit more algae....does anyone
know or has anyone ever kept a pl*co with female betta's
Nik


  #2  
Old May 10th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??


"Nikki" wrote in message
. ..
.....does anyone
know or has anyone ever kept a pl*co with female betta's

===========================
I don't recall keeping them with female bettas, but do know none I ever had
bothered or ate smaller or slower fish. I never saw any try and rasp
another fish's slime coat either.
--
Koi-Lo....
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Aquarium FAQ are at:
http://faq.thekrib.com/
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{( ~~~~ }((((({*





-------------
Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

  #3  
Old May 10th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:55:32 -0400, "Nikki"
wrote:

I was thinking about moving my Pl*co...at some point in the future he will
go to the 120g but not yet, he is in a 39 high right now w/ gourami's 1
adult 3 spotted, and 2 baby three spotted....I was thinking about moving him
to my female betta tank because it is 40 long instead of high..but I don't
know if they would get along or not..
he does still have plenty of room where he is at, but if the environment
would make no difference I would rather put him in the betta tank because
there are more places for him to hang out, a bit more algae....does anyone
know or has anyone ever kept a pl*co with female betta's
Nik

If you are concerned about the pl*co mating with one of your female
bettas, I can pretty much assure you that you needn't worry about
that.

-- Mister Gardener
-- Pull the WEED to email me
  #4  
Old May 10th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??


"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:55:32 -0400, "Nikki"
wrote:



If you are concerned about the pl*co mating with one of your female
bettas, I can pretty much assure you that you needn't worry about
that.

-- Mister Gardener
-- Pull the WEED to email me


mating?? no worried about the females bothering him, he seems to not like
fish around him all to much, the gourami's stay out of his way as much as
they can, I don't think my female betta's will as they are very nebby and
have to check everything out that is new in the tank, I had to take the
snail out because they kept knocking it over by hitting in to it while it
was climbing over the rocks..
Nik


  #5  
Old May 11th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

Mister Gardener wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:55:32 -0400, "Nikki"
wrote:


I was thinking about moving my Pl*co...at some point in the future he will
go to the 120g but not yet, he is in a 39 high right now w/ gourami's 1
adult 3 spotted, and 2 baby three spotted....I was thinking about moving him
to my female betta tank because it is 40 long instead of high..but I don't
know if they would get along or not..
he does still have plenty of room where he is at, but if the environment
would make no difference I would rather put him in the betta tank because
there are more places for him to hang out, a bit more algae....does anyone
know or has anyone ever kept a pl*co with female betta's
Nik


If you are concerned about the pl*co mating with one of your female
bettas, I can pretty much assure you that you needn't worry about
that.

-- Mister Gardener
-- Pull the WEED to email me


I would think that the major concern, if my Plecs are anything to go by,
is finding him, detaching him from his home and moving him without any
undue stress (probably mainly to you rather than him - lol). If he is
happy where he is and won't outgrow the tank - you don't say what type
of Plec he is....I would go and buy another plec for your 120gall
tank....less hassle for all involved....

Gill
  #6  
Old May 11th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??


Could somebody catch me up on the shorthand used these days...I'm behind the
swing of things.
For example:
IMHO...in my humble opinion
IMO......in my opinion
Pl*co....??Pleco?? for plecaustimus??
HTH???
IIRC
Thanks abunch..
PS...Going into 2nd day of the Grand Accident Experiment...all tankmate
doing well thus far....-ED


  #7  
Old May 11th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

On Wed, 10 May 2006 23:36:37 GMT, "-ED" wrote:


Could somebody catch me up on the shorthand used these days...I'm behind the
swing of things.
For example:
IMHO...in my humble opinion
IMO......in my opinion
Pl*co....??Pleco?? for plecaustimus??
HTH???

hope this helps

IIRC

If I recall correctly

Thanks abunch..


TLA= three letter acronym

PS...Going into 2nd day of the Grand Accident Experiment...all tankmate
doing well thus far....-ED


  #8  
Old May 11th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

On Thu, 11 May 2006 00:10:29 +0100, Gill Passman
wrote:

Mister Gardener wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:55:32 -0400, "Nikki"
wrote:


I was thinking about moving my Pl*co...at some point in the future he will
go to the 120g but not yet, he is in a 39 high right now w/ gourami's 1
adult 3 spotted, and 2 baby three spotted....I was thinking about moving him
to my female betta tank because it is 40 long instead of high..but I don't
know if they would get along or not..
he does still have plenty of room where he is at, but if the environment
would make no difference I would rather put him in the betta tank because
there are more places for him to hang out, a bit more algae....does anyone
know or has anyone ever kept a pl*co with female betta's
Nik


If you are concerned about the pl*co mating with one of your female
bettas, I can pretty much assure you that you needn't worry about
that.

-- Mister Gardener
-- Pull the WEED to email me


I would think that the major concern, if my Plecs are anything to go by,
is finding him, detaching him from his home and moving him without any
undue stress (probably mainly to you rather than him - lol). If he is
happy where he is and won't outgrow the tank - you don't say what type
of Plec he is....I would go and buy another plec for your 120gall
tank....less hassle for all involved....

Gill



I have a cave for mine, pick up the cave and the pleco comes with it.
Or did, anyway, until I put him in the pond.
  #9  
Old May 11th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

-ED wrote:
Could somebody catch me up on the shorthand used these days...I'm behind the
swing of things.
For example:
IMHO...in my humble opinion
IMO......in my opinion
Pl*co....??Pleco?? for plecaustimus??
HTH???
IIRC
Thanks abunch..
PS...Going into 2nd day of the Grand Accident Experiment...all tankmate
doing well thus far....-ED


Try this.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/acronym.php

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to email me.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com
  #10  
Old May 11th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default moving pl*co??

-ED wrote:
Could somebody catch me up on the shorthand used these days...I'm behind the
swing of things.
For example:
IMHO...in my humble opinion
IMO......in my opinion
Pl*co....??Pleco?? for plecaustimus??
HTH???
IIRC
Thanks abunch..
PS...Going into 2nd day of the Grand Accident Experiment...all tankmate
doing well thus far....-ED


As for pl*co, it's a very old net curse. Many, many years ago (back
when this newsgroup was still rec.aquaria) people noticed that if they
wrote too much about their plecos, the fish died shortly thereafter.
Soon, a smart-alec started typing pl*co in the hopes that he would be
able to discuss his fish without it keeling over. Since we all love our
plecos, the idea caught and has been a charming quirk of rec.aquaria
ever since.

Don't talk about it too much, or you'll bring Mr. Gard*n*r around with
his asterisk gun and we'll all be covered in them.

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to email me.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
question regarding moving URBANFLAGE General 3 March 25th 06 06:19 AM
moving plants around LM Plants 4 February 25th 06 08:30 PM
Moving aquaria notes Kurt General 2 November 4th 05 11:52 PM
Moving large fish Casper General 10 November 15th 04 01:16 AM
moving x-country followup Jess Van Tassell General 1 August 23rd 04 08:10 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.