Type 4 Oil Cooler in a Type 1

Old January 29th 05, 12:00 AM
Wild Bill

Default Type 4 Oil Cooler in a Type 1

Anyone know of a company that makes/sales the fan shroud tin for a
Type 1 1600cc that will accommodate the larger cooler? Or a web page
that gives the best way to modify my current one?
Thanks,

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President
Rare Air VW Club
Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

http://www.devoted.to/RareAir

or

http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

Old January 29th 05, 01:22 AM
jjs

"Wild Bill" > wrote in message
> Anyone know of a company that makes/sales the fan shroud tin for a
> Type 1 1600cc that will accommodate the larger cooler? Or a web page
> that gives the best way to modify my current one?

Somebody does, but FWIW, an additonal external oil cooler with a full-flow
system is a Great Thing! You might want to look into it. Spendy as hell...

Old January 29th 05, 05:04 AM
Scott H

"Wild Bill" wrote ...
> Anyone know of a company that makes/sales the fan shroud tin for a
> Type 1 1600cc that will accommodate the larger cooler? Or a web page
> that gives the best way to modify my current one?
> Thanks,

Gene Berg sells a conversion kit:
http://geneberg.com/fantinconvpg20.htm

These pages detail an installation of the kit:
http://aircooledvwaddiction.com/modu...article&sid=66
http://aircooledvwaddiction.com/modu...article&sid=68

Also, check out Bugman's page:
http://huelsmann.us/bugman/SummerPart25.html

hth

--
Scott

Old January 30th 05, 10:14 PM
Wild Bill

Thanks JJS and Scott,
Scott, the web pages you directed me to are exactly what I needed to
see.

JJS, I have already full flowed the 1776 and will install an external
cooler if needed after the T-4 cooler installation.
Thanks again and it's nice to see RAMVA working as it used too.